Chapter 37

Emerson was stuck to her chair, working with her full potential.
She had read the whole info about the hotels, contacted the construction company in London they were contracted with, framed the plan and budget, and what not.
She didn't stop till it was 6 pm, stretching her arms when her rough plan was done. Now she had to go on the site tomorrow, as it was Sunday as Adrien had planned.

She got up from the chair , gathered her things and left the office, closing the door softly behind her.

Most employees were about to return, there working hours were over.
She went to Adrien's office ,gently knocked on his door and entered when she was permitted.

Adrien didn't look up from his laptop where he was typing furiously.

Emerson stood a good distance away from his desk and spoke.
"I have completed a rough plan for the renovations, and I will  finalise it when I see the hotel sites. You can check it before finalising , if you want some changes to be done or don't like it." She told him, keeping a file on his desk.

He looked up surprised.
"You don't have to inform it to me just now, it isn't something I will have to do changes in." He said.

Emerson nodded.
"Ok, then my work for today is done, I checked the sites you told online and got a rough idea of how the hotels are, but tomorrow I will get a better view. I will go now if you don't mind." She said.

Adrien was no doubt impressed by the way she analysed everything and worked.
"Wait for half an hour , my work is almost done, I can take you back." He said .

Emerson nodded.
It would be better if he comes with me. That way he won't be able to bail on me to take some model ona date and insult my food.
"I will wait outside then."

Adrien shook his head.
"You can seat here." He told her.

Emerson protested.
"It's ok. I will get to see the office floor that way."

Adrien nodded and she left.

Emerson could feel the gazes of people on her. She ignored them and went across the hallway to explore the floor. It was unsurprisingly big.
What can you expect from Stone.

Some employees were whispering to themselves, the news spreading fast she was someone who rejected the internship , on the first day Adrien lashed on her, Henry defended her and some out of the context rumours.

Emerson was going towards the sign which indicated kitchen when a tap on shoulder stopped her making her stop.

Emerson tensed but relaxed herself and turned towards the person.
A girl in her late 20s was staring at her.

"Yes? " She asked politely.

"You are Emerson right? Emerson Leone? " She asked her.

Emerson sighed mentally , remembering when Nick Darcy asked her the same type of question with a tone of accusation, the same tone held by the woman in front of her.

Emerson nodded.
"How may I help you? " She asked a polite tone, her voice as always soft.

The woman scoffed under her breath.

"What are you doing here ? " She asked instead.

Emerson sighed loudly.
"I work here, from today. Do I know you?" She asked her.

The woman squinted her eyes.
"Like you don't remember me." She said.

Emerson blinked twice.
She isn't Emma Watson to remember.

Before she could reply, Reed Carl approached her.
"Hello Ms Leone. Your ID was delivered an hour ago but I forgot to give it to you. Here." He passed her the ID card.