Chapter 23

Adrien woke up few hours later to yelling downstairs. Half asleep, he didn't bother to put a shirt on went downstairs just in his sweatpants groggily.

Nearing the living room, he heard a loud feminine but strong voice boom " I swear on Pete-" ; the voice cut itself off when Adrien entered the room.

"What's going on? "
He asked and saw a short petite woman, who looked in her 60s , red hair in a bun and sun kissed skin, wearing a knee length dress and one inch heeled shoes, a bag in her hand, a scowl on her face.

He rubbed his eyes to see two of his gate security standing there looking scared shitless.

"And who might you be?" He asked her again.
But before she could answer one of the guard spoke,
" Sorry sir, we tried stopping her but she didn't listen.-"
The lady cut him off,
"Wow didn't knew you had pussy and tits. Shame your boss didn't knew who you were and asked you instead of a yelling latina he has never seen before" She said sarcastically and glared at him.
Shit. This women is old but scarier than my old man.
"You can go guards, I'll speak to her. " Both the guards fled away.
It wasn't normal for two big buff guys , who never held a single emotion on their face looking scared.

Adrien turned to the lady.
"May I know who you are, yelling in my house and scaring my guards? "

"What type of pussies you hired. Ever thought about hiring good guards.
Oh my manners, I am Rose. But you can't pluck me " Her tone changed from annoyed to sarcastic to joking.

Adrien raised an eye brow, "And you are here for? "

Rose looked him up and down making him uncomfortable and hummed nodding to herself.
"You said it's your house? "

Adrien was annoyed at her for ignoring his questions but he didn't want to test her limits. She looked scary.
So he nodded in response.

She muttered something along the lines, 'can't he use words'.
Adrien was itching to snap at her.

"So... You are Emerson's husband. Si? "

This time he used words wondering how she knew. "Si"

She muttered again angrily.
'Couldn't have chosen worst.'
She looked at him in the eye.

"Where is she? I am her grandma. " Her tone was stern.

Hearing her tone Adrien squirmed uncomfortably.
I can't possibly tell her I don't know. Her tone was enough to intimidate me.

So he dodged the question.
"Grandma from father's side or mother's. I didn't see you at the wedding. "

She grumbled to herself again,
'You wouldn't be wedded if you saw me'
And Adrien was confused hearing it.

"None of your business and none. Now don't dodge the question and tell me where. is. she.? Her tone was deadly.

Before he could open his mouth making another excuse, Henry entered the living room and as soon as his gaze landed on Rose, his eyes widened comically and he muttered a loud " Shit."
Adrien was shocked to see a flash of fear on his grandad's face. It was impossible to scare Henry Stone.

"Oh yes, Shit is what you should be muttering now . How dare you even think of marrying Emerson to this piece of shit you call your grandson? " Rose's voice raised with every word.

No one insulted him so badly before and he wondered how even she knew Henry.
Henry looked uncomfortable and avoided her gaze when he always looked dead in people's eyes.
He would have laughed if he wasn't in trouble too. He just hoped with some miracle Emerson would emerge from their room upstairs.