Chapter -55

Adrien drove the car with Emerson in a comfortable silence, with his hand on her thigh.

Emerson had a soft smile on her face as she looked towards the passing things. In a long time she felt content.
She liked the day.
She liked the date.
She like everything about today.
She felt happy.
And content.

Adrien tightened his hold on her leg, making her snap her head towards him.

"I hope you enjoyed the date? " He asked hopefully, which had a masked nervousness in it.

She gave him a sweet smile.
"I did. Really. Thank you for it Adrien." She said.

Adrien gave her a bright smile, but then turned a little serious.
"I know I said this before and you want to take things slow, but I want to say it again. Please communicate with me. And I will try to my best to keep my ego aside. Things could have really turned different we didn't act the way we did. And so please, if you feel angry, sad, upset, happy, insecure, confident, anything, please communicate with me. Because I am a little too much dumb in reading you. And I honestly want to take our relationship forward. Just speak to me. And if we sometimes fight, like really shouting and all we will ise a safe word. So that the other knows to shut up and listen  or speak normally and tell in direct words. A word reminding us to communicate." He said with a determined face, occasionally glancing at Emerson.

Emerson stared at him blankly for a few seconds before speaking. But the moment the words came out if her mouth she wished she didn't.

"Do you watch fifty shades series? The safe word and all? "

Her face turned red at her own question.

Adrien almost crashed his car.
"WHAT! That's all you got from what I said? " He asked in both disbelief and amusement.

Emerson's blush intensified on his question.

"Shut up! " She mumbled embarassed.

Adrien laughed heartily.

"Don't laugh! Now it's my turn to ask questions." She diverted the topic.

Adrien sobered up on her statement.

"Ask." He said, ready to answer her every question.

She glanced hesitantly at him but asked anyways.
"Who-  who was the woman with you on our first day of marriage? " She bit her lip.

Adrien raised an eye brow.
Was his wifey jealous? He smirked lightly.

"Who? " He asked innocently.

Emerson frowned and was about to look away not wanting to embarrass herself when Adrien spoke.

"Oh, that was some client's daughter. He was the one supposed to meet me but then sent his daughter saying she is going to takeover and so needs to learn business. And trust me it was like she had already decided not to learn a single thing and fool around instead." He said with a roll of hospital eyes.

He wanted to tease Emerson but knowing she might back out, he decided to answer directly. She was already hesitant to ask.

Emerson nodded.

"Why did you insult my food when you didn't even taste it in the first place? " She asked quitely.  As if afraid of the answer.

Adrien shook his head to himself and mentally slapped himself. He was such an asshole to offend such a beautiful and good hearted angel.

"Because I am an insolent asshole. My behavior towards you before is a living proof. I just don't understand how can I be such an asshole. My parents taught me better,my grand parents taught me better. But... I still acted like that. And I am disappointed in myself. No amount of my apologies can compensate for it. But I am still sorry . At myself. And my idiotic behavior. " Adrien mumbled sadly.