Chapter 15

Emerson closed her eyes and took deep breaths to calm herself.

It hurts. So bad.

'Nothing can hurt you more than your own thoughts Emerson, others don't have the power to do it. '
Grandpa Peter's words rang in her mind. She wanted to run in his warm embrace.

After a few moments, she calmed herself.
She looked at her savior. He definitely looked too familiar but couldn't pinpoint.
"Thank you. " She said with a polite smile.
The man shook his head and looked at her with a sad smile.
"You don't remember, do you? "

"Pardon? "
She was confused and Adrien to looked at them with same look.
Does she know him or knew him. An old friend perhaps?

The boy again gave her a pained smile.
"It's ok. Wanna go for lunch? "

It angered Adrien. But he didn't knew why.
Why won't she? He has that golden boy look.
He scowled. But snapped out of it by Em's answer.
" I am really sorry. But only 30 min are left and I have to do something else to do. I really apologize for it. "
She declined in the most polite way possible.
Adrien sighed in relief.

"It's ok. Next time maybe."

"Yeah. But no promises. Sorry again. "

Emerson was about to turn towards but the man suddenly asked her looking at her in disbelief
"Is that a wedding band. Are you married? This young? Who is he? "

Adrien and Em froze for a moment but composed themselves. Adrien saw the look on the blondie's face. He looked like someone kicked his pup.
Emerson nodded.
"Yes. But you probably don't know him. And sorry but I have something else to do. Please excuse me. " She excused herself politely and turned towards Adrien.

Adrien acted like he wasn't eavesdropping.
"Thank you Mr Stone. It means a lot. And sorry for the inconvenience in the beginning." She softly stated.
The boy was out of the room by then.  Adrien only have a curt nod.
She turned towards her seat, removed blazer and put it on the chair. She went out of the room and came back in 5 minutes, probably using the restroom.
She sat on her chair, removed her laptop to do something on it for 10 minutes. She then ate a chocolate bar, drank some water and rested her head on the table.
Adrien was staring at her the whole time. He noticed how she ate at the house only once in the 2 weeks, when he insulted her food and how she slept very . How she was never there when he woke up even when he was up at 5:30 . How he only saw her eat full meals  4 times , 2 times at the wedding, dinner she made once (which was too good ) and once at the family dinner. How she never liked using footwear she wore outside, inside the house. And how she would know he is starting.
"It's really considered rude, but it feels more creepy. When someone stares. "
Her soft voice startled him internally annd his heart started thumping loudly. He noticed no one was in the room. He had his schedule on hold for the hours of program so his secretary didn't disturb him.
"You lied. " He ignored her previous statement.
"Did not. "
"Oh yes? " He asked sarcastically.
"Knowledge of management is necessary , even in medical science. " She stated softly, her eyes on the table where she kept her removed glasses.
Adrien understood. It was Law and Management she meant.
He was surprised.
She even has the winner title of Interstate Essay competition for innovative management and marketing, which I too got but not I  freshman but senior year. Is she really that smart?

"I didn't know you were CEO of or even related  to SM" She stated softly and before Adrien could snap her for acting innocent and stating bullshit, the candidates started entering and he averted his eyes, jaw clenched.

Everyone was back from their break. But Adrien smirked internally noticing the boy's face was still long  , looking gloomy as ever. Why he was happy with it was beyond his reach.