Chapter 13

After reaching the mansion, Emerson went to change and freshen up and Adrien changed in his closet.
He was hen sitting on his bed when Emerson came out of the bathroom and suddenly her phone began ringing.
Adrien was really interested to know who was calling her this late .

Emerson picked up the call, it was from Mrs. Jones.

"Hello Emerson. "

"Hi Mrs. Jones. "

"Are you free now? I wanted to ask you something. "

" Yes. I am. What is it?. "

"Do you know about the management program by SM for students perceiving business, management or marketing? "

"Yes. I heard it's best one in whole states and a really good opportunity. "

" About that, the company gives chance to top 5 students of top 5 universities for the one week program. And it's not declared openly to all students. The candidates selected by university members only get a confirmation mail from the company. The candidates are selected only by the uni members' opinion.
You already have a job with full time work load and 4 different courses to study on so I just wanted to ask you before suggesting your name. You are the top 1 student but you work to much, and again three hours sessions for a week can worn out you. That's why I thought to ask you first. "
Mrs. Jones took a deep breath after rambling it.

"I would love to do it. It's once in a lifetime opportunity. I definitely want to try it. But isn't it for final year students? I am still junior."

"Yes. But you being top student of the uni can help it. Plus it's mostly based on uni memebers' suggestion. And your work will also make the uni look good. " Mrs Jones chuckled.

"Then it's fine by me."

"The company will also hire best 5 from the 25 students for internship. You will be definitely selected. Plus you having an year and a half working experience will look good. "

"Uh. About that I don't want to put it on my file."

"Why? "

Emerson walked to the balcony much to Adrien's dismay because she was out of hearing line and her voice was already too soft.

"I want the intership on the basis of my work on the program only. The fact that I got the job directly because of some relations won't look  good no matter how much I work. So I just want half of my info on the file. "

" My my such a kind soul. So what do you want to put on it? "

" My normal required info. And about my course, it should only be management and not other ones and my real academic reports for the course only. "

Emerson knew she was a good student with top academical achievements but ahe wanted to keep it low.

"Ok dear. Bye Good night. "

"Bye. Take care. "

"Oh and don't enjoy the night too much with your unknown husband."

Before a furiously blushing Emerson could reply, Mrs Jones hung up laughing.

When Emerson came back Adrien was already asleep and her insomnia would not let her sleep so she decided to just listen to music in the balcony.

On Wednesday of the same week she got the mail about the program.
It stated the details about the program.
The program would be lasting one week with a 3 hour session.
The session would start from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm with lunch break till 2 and then discussion and doubts till 3 pm.
The 5th and 6 th day would be full days with office hours.
The university was adjusting the class schedules of the candidates selected so it won't impact on their main studies.
The adress and time to register was given. She confirmed her attendance by mailing back.