Chapter 39

Emerson looked away trying to supress an amused smile.

"Wh-what? " Adrien splutters.

"Are you serious I am your own flesh. I just didn't call because you don't give me good responses! " He almost yelled in disbelief.

"That's what I mean. He is an idiot. Just because I don't give good response? What does that mean? You want me say I love you before every call? " Henry asks sarcastically.

Adrien huffs.
"Yeah, yeah, only that is left now." He grumbled to himself.

"Ok Grandpa, sorry to disturb your sleep. I will call you later. Bye." Emerson spoke.

"Bye sweets." With that Henry hu g up.

Adrien was frowning in disbelief.
His grandpa being in playful mood and acting like this was very wierd to him.

Emerson turned to Adrien.
"I think you should leave now. It's getting late." Emerson said politely.

Adrien mentally rolled his eyes. She always kicked him out of her cabin.
But he nodded nonetheless. Taking his bag and kissing her forehead, taking her by surprise, he left.

Emerson touched the place where his lips touched. She sighed in irritation. It was no news she felt tingles and sparks, but his behavior irritated her that he was good one minute and angry the next second. And she didn't forget Heather's words. If Michael could act like je was in love with her for an year, couldn't Adrien act like he cared for her, and she didn't want to go another heartbreak.
She sighed again and took sleeping pills, not wanting to stay awake in thoughts which will eat her mind.

~~~~~~~~

Emerson paid by her card and signed some papers. She officially owned a car.

A big smile broke on her face. She video called Rose and showed her the car.

After ending the call, Emerson gripped the car keys tightly in her hand and sat in the car, the fresh smell of the leather giving her a sense of peace.
She started the car and left for her cabin. Her excitement was visible on her face.

When she reached there, Adrien called her the same moment.

She picked it up.
"Hello? "

"Hey Emerson, are you ready, I will come and then we can leave for the sites." Adrien spoke, and she heard shuffling from the other end.

"You can send me the location, I will be there in time." She suggested.

"Oh, ok." Adrien sounded disappointed but Em shrugged it off.

"Bye then." And without waiting for his reply she hung up.

When she got the location, she placed it in her satnav and started driving, feeling proud of herself.

She reached the site of hotel .
What she saw surprised her but not surprised. She expected a beautiful building, but it's beauty still surprised her.

She tightened the strap of her backpack and entred the building. She let her gaze roam on the interior. It looked old but not too much, it was still good, only needed a bit of final touch of paint. She wondered if Adrien was going to break it completely and then build or just give a touch up. But he would be a fool if he does the previous one. It didn't need much change. The designes and carvings were good enough.
The restaurant side of it buzzed with customers, who looked elites.

She was observing it in her thoughts when a clearing of throat brought her out of her trail.

A man in shirt pants and tie was standing behind her with an annoyed expression.
"How may I help you miss? " He asked, but his tone was no where near polite or formal. Instead, he was rude.