Chapter 49

Everyone was waiting outside the door of guest room where Rose was.
Emerson was most anxious.

When the door opened and doctor came out, Emerson refrained herself from almost tackling him.

He gave them an apologetic look.
"Sorry I---"

He couldn't even finish his sentence when Emerson started hyperventilating and her face turned purple.

Adrien went in frenzy.
"Em, hey Em no no sweetheart breath, breath."

The doctor was pulling his equipments to check her BP and calm her but she passed out on Adrien before that.

"Em, no. Get up." He said frantically, trying to wake her up.

"Mr Stone, calm down. It won't help. Let me check her." He said.

Adrien gathered her in his arms and carried her to his room. Gently placing her on his bed.

"Can you wait ---" The doctor was cut off in the middle.

"I am not going anywhere? And what happened to Rose? " He hissed.

The doctor gulped and started checking her BP.

"She just passed out with stress. It took me so much time because hospital called for a complication which occured during a surgery and I had to explain it to them. I didn't know she would have a... panic attack." His tone was apologetic.

"Pretty slow for a doctor." Adrien mumbled under his breath.

He held Emerson's hand all the time.

The doctor checked her and injected her with something and told she would be up by morning. And not to let her stress.

With that he went away.

Adrien sighed and raked a hand through his hair.

This was supposed to be Emerson's birthday. She was supposed to party till she pass out, have a big smile on her face the whole time. One person came and ruined everything.

He laid beside her and pulled her to his chest.
"I am so sorry Em. Please sweetheart. I am so sorry. And nothing happened to Rose. She is fine. That doc was idiot. Like me. Please be fine." He whispered in her ear, kissed her forehead and cuddled her closer. He apologized. Finally.
No one knew but he was feeling so bad. He treated her like a spoilt brat just because her last name was Leone. But she herself was there victim. No child should go through it.
He remembered many times the tension between her parents and her. She didn't leave anything in her parents house because she knew she would never go back there. She was never loved there.

He stroked her hair and rubbed her back. Having her close to him felt oddly satisfying.

His mom entered the room.
"The doctor left. Your dad and I will be in the guestroom. Don't worry about Rose I will check on her frequently. Take her care." She said.

Adrien sighed and nodded.
"I will." He whispered.

His mom left with a goodnight.

Adrien was feeling very bad. Her birthday, surprise from Rose and Henry, everything was ruined.
He always felt so highly of himself, but he was just another problem Emerson had to deal with.
His eyes stung with tears and he shut them , breathing thr scent of Emerson and holding her closer.

He could feel the weight of the gift he bought for her.
He didn't even get to give it to her in a good way.
In a way he was feeling it was his fault.
When he came to London, Emerson excepted him without any protest, them she definitely would have did that on her birthday too.
If he didn't ask for her help  she wouldn't have met her ex's cousin, who also insulted her.