Chapter 41

She could hear some shuffling behind the door, and there stood a half naked girl...

Emerson's breath hitched, her heart clenching painfully in her chest.

The girl in front of her looked nothing less than model.
Her brown hair were messed, she wore a red lingerie, her robe covering nothing. Her lipstick was messed and love bites were spread on her neck and breasts.
But she still looked beautiful, towering over her.

"What? " The girl rudely asked.

Emerson gulped and pulled her phone out, checking the address.
It was 904 .

"Is-is this 904? " She asked, fearing for the answer.

The girl scowled.
"Yes, can't you read on the door, now if you don't have I have more important things to do ,with my boyfriend I may add." She snapped at her.

Emerson took deep breath.
"So-sorry. Probably I am at wrong adress. Bye."
Without waiting for reply she fled from there, her heart beating in her chest badly and she could feel herself hyperventilating, her throat closing.

She gasped for air in the elevator, tears streaming down her face. She was having a mini panic attack.

"Your ex fucked me before your wedding and soon your husband too will do the same."
Stephanie's words were ringing on her ears. The only difference was Steph wasn't the one he was with, but some other model.

She also remembered Adrien's word on their first day of marriage.
"Don't cry or throw a tantrum if you see me with another women."

The elevator opened and she stepped out. Her vision was blurred, she couldn't see anything properly.

A man approached her.

She could hear distant voice, a little familiar.
She took deep breaths to calm herself.
In. Out. In. Out.
Slowly her breathing became normal and her vision cleared.

A worried looking Carl was in front of her.
"Are you ok Ms Leone? It was some scary situation there." He spoke worriedly .

She gave him a watery smile, wiping her tears.
"Yeah, I am fine, just a little problem. It's ok now. "

He didn't look convinced.
"Are you sure, Mr Stone lives here, we can contact him." He said worriedly.

She shook her head.
"I am completely fine, it was just some breathing problem, nothing major. I should go now." She said.

Carl frowned.
"Are you sure you can drive? " He asked.

She nodded.
"I will just sit for sometime. To be completely fine." She assured.

He pursued his lips and gave her a paper scribbling something on it.
"It's my number, call me when you reach home or if you need anything." He said.

She nodded.
"Thanks for your concern." She said, her tone full of gratefulness.

He gave her a nod and she left.

When she reached her cabin, as soon as she closed the door, she broke down.
She cried and cried, wondering what her mistakes were to deserve so much pain. She knew Adrien already told her not to expect much from her, but could you blame her? No matter what her every partner did the same thing of breaking her heart. And she had started to feel something from their time in NYC. She couldn't deny it, but her control was good . But she couldn't control her breakdowns.
It's enough now, I won't let anyone else walk down on me now. It's too much.
She thought , her mind was set.