Chapter 25

Emerson stood their awkwardly not knowing what to say.
Henry broke the silence, "We know you were upset Emerson, but please tell us before hand if you go somewhere. I don't want Rose to be reason of my death."

Emerson looked at him and just stared blankly.
Even Henry was a little uncomfortable when he felt her intent gaze for too long.
She then narrowed her eyes and tilted her head.
"I knew you looked familiar. You were Grandpa Peter's friend. I met you twice at dinner at his house."
Emerson stated.

Henry sighed and nodded.
"That's how you knew me and chose me as your grandson's bride" She continued.
He again nodded.

She sighed and nodded.
"Sorry for worrying you. My phone was off" She apologized.

Henry again nodded and spoke.
"It's ok, I will be going now" And with that he left.

Emerson closed her eyes and faced the ceiling.

After a few minutes Adrien spoke,
"If you want to throw a tantrum next time, don't involve others in it. You don't know how much worried my Grandpa and Rose was." He spoke in a harsh tone.
'Definitely don't want to anger Rose next time' he muttered and unknowingly touched his ear.

Emerson saw his ear was turned dark red along with his skin near it.
She knew what happened and widened her eyes.
"Grandma Rose twisted your ear? " She shrieked.

Adrien didn't reply and just looked away  mumbling curses under his breath.

Emerson couldn't control herself and laughed out loud.
She was laughing so hard, tears flowed down her cheek.
She couldn't imagine the scenario where her Grandma's tiny figure was angrily twisting his ear and he was pleading her to release it.

Adrien just looked at her. It was the first time he saw her laugh so fully and he couldn't deny it was view to see.
Her laugh was melodic and not high pitched shrieks.
He was so absorbed in looking at her he didn't notice she stoped laughing.

Emerson cleared her throat and Adrien snapped out of his day dream.

She waited a second and again laughter bubbled in her chest.
This time Adrien too couldn't control and joined her.
When they sobered up from their laughing fit Emerson took a deep breath.
" I am sorry. It wasn't my intention to worry anyone." She said in a low voice.

Adrien gulped and nodded, looking away.
He knew what he did was wrong but it was hard for him to apologize when he never said it to anyone.
"I shouldn't have said that, it was out of line" He said quietly but Em heard him.
She nodded and went to her room without any further words.

Adrien just sat in the living room while Emerson showered, and got ready for the day in  black jeans and black T-shirt with white leather jacket on top. Hairs tied in bun and glasses on the bridge of nose. And her sports shoes.

When she came down with her bag Adrien saw her and he frowned.
"Going some where? " He asked.

Emerson turned towards him.
"Yeah, Central Park" She said.

Adrien's face showed disappointed look but be hid it and nodded.
She was walking towards the front door but she sighed and stopped. She turned towards Adrien and asked,
"Do you want to come with me? "

Adrien face lit up but he composed himself, "yeah.sure."

Emerson nodded, "Wear something casual and keep shades and cap with you. You wouldn't want your face in the magazine next day" With me she wanted to add but didn't.

Adrien nodded, "I'll be down in 15 minutes" And with that he sprinted towards their room.

Adrien was a little happy she asked him and excited for his day out.
It had been long since he took time off from work, and for casual day out as a normal person.