Chapter 28

Emerson was ready in a full sleeve baby blue dress which reached below her knees . Her hairs were in a braided side bun and she picked the heels from her wedding. She wore American diamond studs and watch as accessory and a black clutch to keep her things. She applied nude lipstick and some face powder and boom. She was ready.

Adrien wore a pristine black suit.

When they both saw each other, the world around them froze for a minute.
"You look beautiful." Adrien complimented.

A little blush appeared on her face.
"Thanks, you look handsome." She replied.

Adrien smiled. He was happy with their progress and he truly wanted to give their marriage a chance.

"Let's go" He pecked her lips and wrapped his arm around her waist.

They arrived at the mansion.
Emerson couldn't shake the feeling something was wrong.

The party was in private province so luckily there were no paparazzi.

Emerson and Adrien entered the Hall.

Emerson's parents greeted them, actually Adrien to enthusiastically.

"Oh Adrien, we are so happy you came. Our Stephanie would be so happy to see you. Please enjoy yourself."

Emerson didn't miss the stink eye Mrs Leone gave her. But as usual she ignored it.

Adrien and Emerson went inside and a very fake looking Stephanie came towards them with a big smile.
She literally shoved Emerson from Adrien and hugged him, rubbing her breasts on him.
"I am so happy, Adrien. I knew you would come." She pulled away and gave him a sloppy kiss on his cheek, near his lips.

Adrien held himself from cringing and wiping his cheek and nodded at her.
He didn't knew how were Em's relations with her sister and he didn't want to upset Em by acting rude.

"Yeah. What's the occasion for party? " He asked casually.

"Oh, I got a really good modeling project for the lingerie company. I will definitely show you my samples." She said seductively or tried to do so.

Emerson tried to calm herself.
Adrien wanted to leave the place as soon as possible. He couldn't believe the fake bimbo in front of him was trying to seduce her brother in law, her sister's husband.

He smiled, "I will leave you to attend your other guests, we will be at the table." He said and walked off with Emerson without waiting for any reply.

Emerson noticed he wasn't comfortable with Stephanie around him.
They sat on a table and Adrien took two glasses of champagne from a waiter and offered one to Em but she declined.

"I noticed you can drink beer like water but you don't drink champagne or wine." He said.

"I like beer, and bitter drinks like vodka scotch. But wine and champagne leave a disgusting after taste." She crinkled her nose.

Adrien chuckled.
"You are adorable." He said.

Emerson blushed.

"I noticed a wierd tension between you and your parents. Whats that? " He asked and Emerson knew there wasn't any escape now.

"Just a strained relationship." She said with a sad smile.

Adrien nodded knowing she will tell when she wants.

A few business associates and clients came and talked with them, and after some time Adrien was left alone with Emerson.

"Phew... Let's eat. I was about to die from hunger." Adrien joked.
Emerson chuckled softly.