Chapter Twenty Six

Chapter Twenty Six

I opened my eyes and saw Troy standing there.

And he looked gorgeous.

Troy was wearing a black tuxedo, and was holding a red corsage out to me. His hair was spikier than ever and he looked absolutely handsome.

His eyes widened when he saw me.

“Wow...A-Adrianna...” he gaped at me.

I smiled, shyly at him. “Hey.”

Luckily my family was out-so they didn’t have to meet him ...yet.

He took my hand, and twirled me around, grinning happily. “You look absolutely beautiful Adrianna Hall.”

I traced his collar. “And you look handsome Troy Kruger.”

He grinned. “Shall we get going?”

I nodded. “Definitely.”

We headed outside, and I immediately shivered as the cold wind made contact with my exposed skin. Whoa...if I’d known it’d be that cold, I would’ve definitely brought along a jacket...

Troy immediately noticed me shivering, and (cliché alert...) shrugged off his jacket, placing it on my shoulders. “Here you go. I’m sorry that I didn’t inform you that it was going to be cold.”

I smiled up at him.

He’d changed so much these past few months. I still remembered how he’d been a total idiotic and self-centered jerk. Now, he was a friendly and thoughtful gentleman.

“Thanks Troy,” I told him, planting a kiss on his cheek. “Now, where are we headed?”

He led me to his car, and opened the door for me.

See? True gentleman.

Then he hurried to the other side, and got into the drivers’ seat.

“Okay, well, it’s a surprise, so I’m going to need to blindfold you,” he told me, grinning widely.

I laughed. “Sure. But I swear, if you crash me into anything-

“I won’t, trust me,’ Troy cut in, smoothly, sending me a reassuring smile.

I shook my head, grinning. “You better.”

But I knew he wouldn’t. I had no doubt in him.

He blindfolded me, making sure it wasn’t too tight. Then, I felt the car lurch, and he started driving us to the destination.

“Are we there yet?” I teased him.

“Nup,” he answered, in a teasing tone.

Eventually, I felt the car jerk to a halt. I fumbled for the button, and released my belt. “Yay! We’re here!”

I heard Troy chuckle, and get out of the car. There was 10 silent, solid seconds of silence while he went to the my side of the car, and opened the door. He helped me out, and I stumbled a little. He balanced me, hands on my waist.

“It’s alright, I got you,” he murmured.

I sniffed the air. “Where the hell are we Troy? It smells like...wet grass.”

Troy chuckled. “You’ll see.”

He slowly led me through the grass. I could hear the disgusting squelchy noises as my heels wobbled and strode on the grass.