Chapter Thirty Five

Chapter Thirty Five

You won't like this chapter LOL

“Ugh, the freakin’ engagement party is tomorrow!” I was clearly freaking out.

Big time.

Harmony tried to soothe me down. “Calm it Ade. We’ll find the perfect dress, don’t worry!”

I shook my head. “We spent 5 hours looking for the perfect dress. There is no perfect dress!”

On the outside, I was freaking about the dress. In the inside, I was freaking about Troy. Ever since that day by our place, he’s been acting cold, strange and distant. He barely speaks, and he shoots me glares. I have no idea what I did.

“Alright, let’s go shopping now,” demanded Harmony.

I shrugged. “No point.”

She let out a huge breath. “Don’t give up!”

I rolled my eyes, and leant against the kitchen counter, taking a gulp of my cranberry juice. “Too bad, I already have.”

Harmony sighed, and strode off.

Once I’d downed my glass of cranberry juice, I found myself wandering around the house, aimlessly. Suddenly, I found myself in Mum and Dad’s room.

I swallowed, as I came across Mum’s walk-in wardrobe. I opened the doors, walked inside, and shut the doors behind me. We hadn’t sold any of Mum’s clothes yet. I fingered every piece of clothing, and studied every shoe. My Mum sure had a lot of good clothes.

Suddenly, my eyes fell upon a dress. It wasn’t any ordinary dress

It was a caramel brown strapless dress, and it was layered.

I fell in love with it, instantly. I didn’t recall Mum ever wearing this. Huh. Wait...would she let me wear this for Jacob’s engagement? Well...I think she would.

I grabbed it and hurried to my bedroom, changing into it.

“Hey Ade I-“

James burst into the room, and then when he saw me, his jaw dropped wide open.

I twirled around, smiling. “Do you like it?”

“Woah...wow...Ade, that looks great on you!” James declared.

I smiled. “I found it in Mum’s closet.”

James raised an eyebrow. “You were looking through Mum’s closet?”

I bit my lip. “Well...I guess so.”

James shook his head. “Doesn’t matter. I know she’ll want you to wear this. You look beautiful in it, Adrianna.”

I hugged him tightly. “Thanks.”

He left my room, silently. I sank down on my bed.

Just when I thought I wouldn’t find a dress for the engagement party, I’d found one. I really couldn’t believe it. And also, it really suited me. It was like the perfect dress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~