Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Two uploads in one day-you guys gotta love me. But...I don't think you'll be loving me at the end of this chapter :|

“Aargh, the history homework Mr Bangs gave us is so hard!” I complained to Sofia, as we strolled through the corridors.

Sofia rolled her eyes. “Would you zip it? You’ve been whining about the homework for the past ten minutes already!”

I bit my lip. “Oops, sorry Sof.”

She grinned, shaking her head. “That’s alright. Oooh, hottie alert, hottie alert.’

“Where?” I asked, craning my head around.

She smirked. “Twelve o’clock.’

I glanced up to see River O’Brien and his friend, Eddie Stanley standing in front of their lockers. Those two were cute and friendly-and not players. Which made them Sofia’s ideal guys. I mean sure, they were cute and nice and everything...but I didn’t really like them. Not as much as Sofia did. The only bad thing was that they were seniors-one year older than us.

‘Wait...I thought you liked my brother?” I commented.

Sofia rolled her eyes. “I’m over him. Cheater, player, he’s out of my league. Now, River...he’s a different story.”

She waggled her eyebrows, and I laughed.

I was glad she was over James. Personally, I thought she deserved better. Yes, James was my brother, but...he was a player and I didn’t want to see my best friend get hurt.

“OMG, OMG, they are coming over,” hissed Sofia. “Act cool Ade.”

I rolled my eyes. Aren’t I always cool?

“Hey ladies,” River greeted us.

We both grinned at him and Eddie.

“Hey River, hey Eddie!” chorused Sofia. “How are you guys doing?”

Eddie shrugged, flipping his shaggy brown hair out of his eyes. “Pretty good. Exams are coming up.”

Sofia put on her sympathetic face on. “Ouch...poor you.”

River grinned at Sofia. “Hey Sofia...I was wondering...would you like to go out to a restaurant or something? I’d really like to take you on a date.”

Sofia turned her head to look at me, eyes shining. I grinned back, and nodded a go-for-it look.

She turned back to River. “I’d lo-

“No she can’t,” James suddenly appeared in front of us.

My eyes widened. “No James, its Sof who’s going on the date...not me. You got it wrong...”

“I’m fully aware of that,” cut in James, smoothly. “No, you can’t go on a date, Sofia.’

Sofia’s eyes widened, and then her face clouded with anger. “You don’t own me James Hall! You might think you own Ade-which you don’t may I inform you-, but you ca-NOT tell ME what to do! I am not your little sister so keep your stinking nose out of my business!”

And with that, she marched off, angrily.

I sighed, and spun around to face James, River and Eddie.

“Um, okay dude...I’ll er...go now,” River said, quickly dragging Eddie off.

I glared at James. “What the HELL were you thinking?”