Chapter Six (Picture of Adrianna's party outfit)

Chapter Six

The next day, I was opening my locker, sleepily. I hadn’t gotten any sleep the previous day-due to the noises coming from Jacob’s old room (that he and Audrey stayed in if they came to visit), next-door. Yes, I’m pretty sure you can guess what they were going. Disgusting.

Suddenly, Reye Martin, this funky and friendly, but loner girl in my year bounded up to me, grinning.

“Hi Adrianna!” she greeted me.

I smiled, faintly back. “H-Hey Reye.”

Her jaw dropped open. “Y-Y-You know m-my n-n-name?”

I furrowed my brow in confusion. “Uh, yeah.”

A giant smile spread across Reye’s face. ‘OMG! Like, OMG!”

Okay...seriously weird.

“Um, yeah...how can I help you?” I asked, sliding a few books into my locker.

She grinned, and handed me an envelope. “Party! Be there or be square!”

And with that, she skipped off, red curls flying everywhere. I stared at the envelope.

I swear, Reye was the only person I knew who still handed out party invitations. Reye always threw huge bashes (her family was loaded), and I had to admit-they were pretty good parties. And also, she was really good at designing invitations.

I sealed open the envelope and slid the invitation out. It had red sparkles all over, and huge block lettering spelling out PARTY AT REYE’S HOUSE! 28 BRANBY ROAD, EAST END. 7.00PM THIS COMING SATURDAY NIGHT. PLENTY OF YUMMY FOOD, DRINKS, MUSIC, BE THERE OR BE SQUARE! J

I raised an eyebrow. Well I’d definitely go. I wasn’t one to miss a party.

Now, I just had to find a good outfit.

                           ***

Eventually, I decided to pick a light blue dress. Ethan, Liam, Harmony and James were also going. Sofia was coming to my place, and then Ethan would drive us all there.

Sofia emerged from the bathroom in a black ruffly long dress. “Are the boys ready, yet?’

I shrugged. “I don’t know. You know how long Liam spends getting ready.”

Sofia rolled her eyes, and plopped down on the bed next to me. “Yup.’

Harmony then popped her head through the door. “Hey, guys, we’re all set. You ready?”

We both leapt up. “Yep.”

We headed downstairs, where all the boys were waiting.

“Okay, let’s move it people,” Ethan said.

I smirked, and poked him in the ribs as we walked to the car. “Hey...you’re gonna have to stay sober.’

Ethan raised an eyebrow. “So are you, baby sister.”

My mouth dropped wide open. “What? Why?”

Ethan rolled his eyes. ‘You are only 17.”

I frowned. “That is SO not young to be drinking! Hey, James drinks!”

Ethan sighed. “Ade, when you’re drunk, all the stupid creeps take advantage of you.”

I let out a groan. “Ethan, I’m going to be alert and careful.’