Chapter Thirty Three

A surprise in this chapter! :)

“I’m so tired,” I complained. “Why’d you have to drag me to the shopping mall?”

Harmony shook her head. “And you normally love shopping.”

I sipped my chocolate milkshake. “That’s not what I mean. I just mean I’m not in the mood for shopping.”

Harmony rolled her eyes. “Serves you right for staying up all night to finish that movie marathon last night.’

I shrugged. “They were a good selection of movies.”

Basically, they’d all been chickflicks,  Mean Girls, Mean Girls 2, The Confessions Of a Drama Queen, Prom, A Cinderella Story, Another Cinderella Story and Once Upon a Song.

I mean, I’ve watched those movies a MILLION times, but who doesn’t love rewatching movies? Anyway, I reckon that movie marathon was worth it. Audrey had joined me, and we’d pigged out on sour gummy worms, potato chips, popcorn and Coke. She’s was the lucky one, and was back at home, sleeping in, while Harmony had dragged me out of bed.

‘Anyway, Audrey and Jacob apparently have something to announce,” shrugged Harmony, before taking a sip of her strawberry milkshake.

I raised an eyebrow. “Really? OMG, I bet Audrey’s pregnant!”

It was Harmony’s turn to raise an eyebrow. “You really think Audrey’s that much of a sl*t?”

My jaw dropped open. ‘No! I meant like...in a good way!’

Harmony shrugged.  “Yeah, I bet it’s that. It’s gonna be pretty cool to have a little niece right?”

“Or nephew,” I reminded her.

Harmony blushed. “Yeah, well, I really want a daughter.”

‘Awwww!” I cooed. “A mini you! So adorable!”

Harmony turned a dark scarlet red. “Shut up Ade!”

I burst into a fit of giggles. “No but seriously. It would be so cute if you had twins, one boy and one girl! Then you’d have a mini you, and Ethan would have a mini him!”

Harmony smiled, wistfully. “Yeah...that’d be kinda sweet.”

After swooping in and out of shops for a while, we decided to head home and see what Audrey and Jacob’s announcement was.

We piled in Harmony’s car, and she turned up the volume of the radio high.

‘Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in,

So shame on me now

Flew me to places I’ve never been

Til’ you put me down, oh

I knew you were trouble when you walked in,

So shame on me now,

Flew me to places I’ve never been,

Now I’m lying on the cold hard ground,

Oh, oh, trouble, trouble, trouble