Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

♫Adrianna♫

“Honey, you aren’t going to school?” Dad asked, as I came down the stairs, showered.

I shook my head. “Uh-uh.”

This was my third day off. Liam and James hadn’t gone to school either-but Ethan had gone today-since he had some sort of meeting on.

The school had already been informed about our situation, and I knew that the school was probably buzzing about this.

I grabbed a piece of toast, and smothered it in strawberry jam.

Audrey came bouncing into the kitchen, looking perfect like normal. “Morning Mr Hall, morning Adrianna!”

Dad nodded. “Good morning Audrey. I think I’m going to head to the hospital early to chat with the doctors. Bye girls.”

He left the kitchen, and I turned to Audrey.

“Hey, how are you coping?” she asked, softly.

I shrugged, and took a bite of my toast. “Alright.”

She snagged a piece of toast out of the toaster, and buttered it with margarine. “Well...okay. I’m not entirely convinced, but I’ll go with it. When do you want to head to the hospital?”

I shrugged. “Soon. As soon as you’re ready.”

Audrey was driving me to the hospital, with Liam, Jacob and James.

“Hey, can you check if the boys are ready?” Audrey asked. “I already checked on Jacob and James.”

I nodded, and carried my piece of toast upstairs. I was tempted to yell in the intercom and check if Liam was ready-but decided to just talk to him in person.

I knocked, softly on his door. ‘Hey Liam, you in there?”

“Yeah, come in.”

I strode in, and saw him sitting on his bed, with a dreamy expression on his face.

“Hey, you look lovesick,” I joked.

Liam’s eyebrows shot up, and his eyes widened. “Wait, how did you know?”

Huh? He was lovesick? OMG, no way! I never thought this day would come!

“I-I just guessed,” I said.

I immediately sat down beside him. “Okay spill it. Who’s the lucky girl?”

Liam looked down, blushing. “She’s this girl in my class. She’s really pretty and friendly-and she always helps the nerds who get bullied and jostled by the jocks. But I know she’ll never want me. She hates players like me, and will never want to go out with me.”

I pursed my lips. “What’s her name?”

Liam scratched his head. ‘Noelle Edwin.”

I nodded. “Cool.”

Liam raised an eyebrow. “Wait...what? Whoa, whoa, please don’t talk to her for me okay? She’ll loathe me even more!”

I laughed. ‘Liam, I got good people skills. I’ve gotten various people together, trust me, I’m pretty experienced in the matchmaker field.”

Liam frowned. ‘Okay....but if this turns out bad...”

I shook my head. “It won’t. I promise you.”