Ch.12 (Nora's Unexpected Visit)

"Arabella Stone for the fifth time get me my coffee," Liam shouted across the room as he rubbed his temples. "Give me another five minutes I am arranging your schedule of the day," Ara answered when in reality she was chatting with her six crazy friends. "Arranging a schedule is an easy task you should be done with it by the past thirty minutes," Liam said.

"I am just trying to fit in one where I can take my precious time to kill you,"

"You could just keep on planning your useless plans on your free time but right now I need my coffee, black coffee without sugar you better note no sugar,"

"My plans are not useless and do you know why I add sugar in your coffee even if you don't want it?" Ara asked.

"I'm not interested in knowing,"

"I know you want to know so drop the act and you are bitter like coffee so I add sugar,"

"In my body sugar also gets converted into bitterness just for you,"

"The sooner you realize that my bitterness is more toxic than yours the better,"

"Okay I have realized that now go and get my coffee,"

"I have emailed your plan," Ara left the office saying those words.

It has been almost four days since Ara joined the company, everything was going on smooth except from Ara's sarcasm levels and messing up while working. She only learnt how to schedule Liam's work for the day and other minor work such as printing and emailing files to other employees.

She came back within thirty minutes from the café across the street, she placed a cup of coffee and two chocolate cupcakes packed in a cupcake box. Liam looked up asking why she brought cupcakes knowing he hates sugary foods, "I hate the sounds your stomach is producing it irritates me," Ara answered. "I don't prefer eating in the morning so you can have them," Liam pushed the box towards Ara.

"I have mine so you have to eat it," Ara waved her box up in the air. "I'm not gonna eat that and why is my coffee half?"Liam asked as he took a sip of his coffee. "My t-shirt loves sweet black coffee so not my fault," Ara raised her hands in surrender. Ara went back to sit and enjoy her cupcake. She was done eating hers within five minutes as her lips and nose had chocolate. She looked up to see Liam had not even touched the box from where it was.

Before she could say any witty remarks of her, someone barged in through the door. It was Nora, she greeted both Liam and Ara.
Liam was shocked to see her because she barely comes to office as it brings her back the memories of her days. "Mom you are here?" Liam asked.

"Yes, why? You don't like me being here?" Nora asked sadly.
"No, in fact I'm happy it is just a little shocking to see you here," Liam answered as he passed out a glass of water to his mother.

"I just thought to give you a visit and what is this? You are only drinking coffee how many times should I tell you to eat breakfast," Liam was being scolded as Nora pinched his left ear. "Mom leave my ear it is painful," Liam pleaded while in the other side of the office Ara was praying that Nora pinches both of his ears. "Mom I was gonna eat the cupcakes before you came," Liam lied since Ara did not want Nora to stop from pinching her she interrupted, "he is lying, he did not want to eat so he was to give me but I left it in his table." Liam looked at Ara mouthing, 'you couldn't shut your mouth for a while.'

"Now you are also going to lie to me?" Nora asked putting more pressure on his left ear. "Mom I am sorry I will eat them right away," Liam said showing a puppy face to his mother. She stopped pinching his ear and sat down on the opposite of Liam's seat. "You are eating it right in front of me, right now," Nora ordered. Liam had no option but eat them as he glared at Ara, it all happened because of her while Ara retuned back a huge smirk.