Ch.26 (The Race)

-------------------♡~~♧~~♡----------------

"Then let me amuse you," Liam replied as he extended his hand towards her like a gentleman. Ara looked at him then his hand trying to figure out what he was up to, nevertheless, she was snatched out of her thoughts when Liam took her hand and pulled her through the crowd.

The whole group watched them and ran after them. Ara and Liam stood besides each other still holding hands. Liam dragged Ara towards one of the racers, "Hey, when does the next race start?" Liam asked flashing his best smile to the short tough-looking racer. "In three minutes," He answered furiously. "I have a deal for you," Liam announced to him because he could clearly see that the racer had lost and he had no entry fees left.

"What is the deal?" the racer asked. "I want to use your car to race and if I win you will get the prize for yourself," Liam explained to him. "I don't have entry fees and what if you damage my car?" the guy asked. "I will pay for any damage and I will also pay the entry fees," Liam assured him. The guy immediately threw the keys to Liam who caught it using one hand. "May the best win," he said giving Liam a bro hug.

"Let us go," Liam said as they both ran towards the car before they were late. Liam positioned his car on the third lane. "Your ready for it?" Liam asked looking at Ara.

"I hope this isn't one of your plans to kill me?" Ara asked .
"You are ridiculous. First and foremost, I have no such plan to kill you or anyone. Secondly, why would I risk my life to kill you?" Liam questioned. 

"Okay you make sense for the first time in your life," Ara said in a dismissive tone.
"I always say something that is sensible," Liam replied back
"No, you just said something foolish right now," Ara disagreed as she shook her index finger at Liam.

"If you ran like your mouth, you'd be in good shape."
"I wonder how many calories you burn by jumping to conclusions."
"I am not insulting you, I'm describing you."
"I try to be a nice person...But sometimes my mouth doesn't cooperate."
"Let me give you tips on how to talk to me. Please don't."
"If stupid could fly, you'd be a jet."
" How dare you call me stupid?"
"Tch, tch, tch, you don't even know that much. I called u stupid using my tongue."
"Sweetie, leave the sarcasm and insults to the pros. You're gonna hurt yourself. Go play in traffic."
"My level of sarcasm is based on your level of stupidity."
"I hope karma slaps you in the face before I do."
"I like to smile at people who don't like me," Ara said giving a cheek to cheek smile before they got interruped by the flag girl who stood in front of the racers.

Liam looked at his opponent and revved his car smirking at them. Ara also looked at her opponent, however, she waved her hand to the racer and gave him a thumbs up.
Ara was thrown back on her seat spontaneously as Liam stepped on the gas pedal. She had to hold the grab handle to maintain her balance during turning. She looked at Liam who was focused on driving. She turned her head towards her window to shriek on seeing another racer who was nerfing on their car.

Liam did not pay any attention to her as adrenaline rushed through him. He drove past two racers who tried to bump their car into Liam's from either sides, nevertheless, they ended up crashing in the middle of the road. The car in front of Liam skid and he was to run into him, on seeing this Ara shut her eyes tightly and screamed. Although Liam dodged him, for a second his eyes landed on Ara who was panicking, she couldn't breath. "Ara just another fifteen minutes. Please breath and be calm. I won't let anything happen to you," Liam comforted her still focusing on the road.

"Stop the car, please," Ara pleaded as she was tremoring. Immediately, the car was pulled in at a stop station. Liam was fast enough to unbuckle her seat belt and hold her hand. "It is fine Ara, we are safe," Liam continued soothing her until she felt relaxed.