Chapter 30(Confrontations.)

-------------------♡~~♧~~♡----------------

"Arabella Stone this is the last time I am asking you the same question. Why do you have Liam's coat?"  Ariana asked in a stern voice. "Mom you are being ridiculous, I went out with Caleb and we came across Liam so he offered his coat to me because I was feeling cold," Ara answered as she dipped the toast in the chocolate milk.

"Okay," Ariana noted before she gave a phone call to Caleb while Ara was helpless. "Hello," Caleb answered in his sleepy tone. "Hello Caleb, it is Ariana, could you tell me what you were doing yesterday night?" Ariana asked looking at Ara who chugged her milk down her throat before her mother killed her.

"Ari I was working at a party and your daughter tortured me to almost death," Caleb answered before declining the call. Ariana drew her eyebrows close as she scrutinized her daughter as rotten food. "Mom, I just remembered, I wasn't with Caleb but Erika," Ara replied as she was fidgeting her fingers in nervousness.

"Then let us call her," Ariana concluded while Ara was praying silently that Erika saves her. "Dear, were you with Ara yesterday night?" Ariana asked and the bubbly Erika answered it honestly, "Ari, she was with me and she was loitering around wearing her boss's coat."

"Mom I am going to buy cupcake for dad," Ara announced immediately after the call was declined trying to escape her mother's wrath. "You are not going anywhere," Ariana stated as she pinched Ara's ear.

"Ouch! Mom ouch!" Ara shouted in pain as Ariana dragged her to the living room. "Sit down, we need to talk," the severity in her tone scared Ara. Ara did not say a word but sit down across her mother who was calling her second daughter to join them.

'Mental note: dig Caleb and Kate's grave later' Ara thought as she waited for Kate to come.

When Kate saw Ariana she gulped back her words and sat down adjacently to her sister. She nudged Ara trying to whisper in her ear. "Shut up Kate," Ara snapped and in return Ariana snapped on Ara, "your the one to shut up."

"I know your new job was a coincidence except for now. You can't get job in his firm when you aren't qualified for it so tell me everything from the beginning," Ara gave a deadpan look to her mother who was barking out orders.

"Fine. We met in a party when I was still working for the restaurant, that night we got into an argument. I was fired and he bought the restaurant. The next day he sent Noah with a letter saying I should apologize to him so I went to his office demanding to get my job back. He was adamant that I won't get any work neither in the restaurant nor his office so I challenged him. Then Saturday I was surprised to know he was your friend's son so I took the advantage and got help from Nora. He had to give me a job as a secretary in his office," Ara explained sighing.

"Correction sissy, his secretary and mom that Saturday they didn't go for a walk instead Ara made him clean her room," Kate corrected giving her dear mother two surprises at the same time. "Ara that is so low of you. This is all James fault, he has spoilt you completely," Kate agreed to what her mother mumbled. "Even you Kate. It means you knew everything about Ara and you didn't bother to tell me," Ariana rubbed her temples out of frustration.

"Yes mom she lied to you because she has her teeny crushes on him. Argh! Your taste is trash like you," Ara taunted smirking at her. "Oh! For heaven sake Ara, stop your childish behaviours and listen to me carefully. You will resign," Ara was dumbfounded to her mother's words.

"But mom..." Ara was interrupted rudely by her mother, "it is final. I don't want you to do a job you haven't earned it or a job that is charity and mind you, he gave you a job because of Nora."

"Fine, I am going for a job hunt, the earlier the better or I can say the early bird catches the warmth," Ara's tone was laced with sadness. She was sad that she had to resign a job that was really good paying even though she had to bare with a nut case.