Ch.23 (In the shadows).

------------------♡~~♧~~♡----------------

Liam and Samantha got down from the car. His hand resting on her waist, this simple action raised many questions in every reporters' mind present there. They bombarded them with questions. That is when Liam announced officially that he was dating Samantha, "yes, we have been dating for two months," he kissed Samantha's cheek as she stood confidently admiring Liam tenderly.

The reporters asked them how did they start dating, "we met at a party then I invested in his company. One day after a meeting Liam asked me for a dinner date and I agreed. We developed feeling for each other so we started dating," Samantha explained. The reporters asked a few more questions before the couple entered the building leaving them out.

Ara watched the happening from far, she did not dare to take a step towards the company as she had to pass those perverts, because of whom her father is suffering and her family is struggling to live.

Flipping back pages, the memories replayed back in front of her. Those accusations his father endured and their family's hardship. Were they not only memories but also the reasons for her father's misery and her family's struggle?

Thirty minutes later, when there were no reporters she walked into the office, her hands fisted throughout as if she was holding her anger in them. She directly went to the restroom and washed her face to cool down her steam. She decided to take a leave today because she knew herself too well.

Liam sat down next to Samantha on the sofa, "thank God Ara did not create any mess back there," he thanked. "You mean your P.A?" Samantha asked as Liam nodded his head reading mails on his phone.

Ara knocked on Liam's door before entering, 'strange, isn't it?' Liam thought as Ara has never knocked on his door but she did today, 'at least she learned manners' his thought, dismissively. Ara wanted to ask for leave but she was sent to get coffee by Samantha. Ara nodded her head and walked out of the office.

She brought them their drinks and was to ask for a leave when Samantha yelled at her, "What is this? I told you a cappuccino, not black coffee. Such a useless person." Ara hated people who shouted and bossed around her still, she controlled her sharp tongue until she was ordered to get another coffee by Liam for Samantha. "What? Is she a fucking princess,huh? If yes then I would be glad to be her fucking designated servant but no, so I don't regret breaking your heart Mr.Brown that she ain't a princess just because she is dating you," Ara said in one breathe. Liam couldn't tolerate Ara's insolence towards his girlfriend and he bursted out into flames, " Arabella Stone, apologize to her right now," Liam clamored.

"Never, I have not said anything wrong," Ara determined about to walk away when Liam held her wrist halting her. "I  won't let you walk out without hearing what I want to hear," Liam growled blinded with rage, so was Ara.

She yanked off his hold sharply and threw daggers at him, "you all are fucking nasty pieces of work," the iced resentment in her was too much for her to distinguish that she was blowing up on Liam, the wrong person. It was late for her to realize what she said, in fact, she was not in her right mind. She was consumed by the ocean of frustration.

Liam could not see her suppressed so he concluded in a dangerous low tone, "you are fired."

"Thank you so much, I don't have to see your awful face from now on," Ara thanked leaving the office banging the door close.

Liam took in a deep breath, 'finally I will get my peace back,' he thought sitting on his chair. His thoughts were not helping because he was feeling embarrassed in front of his girlfriend that he couldn't control his PA despite being his boss.

Ara leaned on a tree nearby as her thought lingered on those destruction-memories. Never did she once think about the heated argument she just had with Liam. She stood numbly for hours, lost, until a tear slipped through her eye, 'you have to be strong you can't be weak' she repeated her mantra not realising her resentment was melting in form of salty liquid that spilled out of her eyes at once. The more she repeated the mantra the harder she wept. Her whole life she thought she was strong enough to not rely on anyone's shoulder, yet, she was proved wrong and today when she wanted one she had none except from her father's remembrance.

"I fucking hate this world!" she cried out in agony as her knees buckled making her looses her balance and fall on her knees, "Please come back! Please! I promise I won't disturb you, please..." she pleaded to the winds that howled wildly followed by heavy rain.

Her heartbreaking-heavy sobs were enough for anyone, for him to walk up to her, shelter her from rain and hold her, still, his ego showed up 'why should I? She deserves it after disrespecting me.'

When she fell on her knees he had to take a step forward to move back three steps away from her and her pleads were heard and unheard by him. Standing in the shadows he watched her cry in exhaustion. Didn't he once pity her? No since he was full of void on seeing her after the incident. He turned to the grave he came to meet and bid goodbye before walking away from his father's grave and the howling girl.

Ara heard the rustling of wet-dried leaves, she spontaneously snapped her head to look who it was and to her disappointment there was no one. She shivered in the cold and her clothes were not keeping her warm as she was rained on so she hugged herself.

Her phone pinged as a message popped up on her screen grabbing her attention,

Sign your resignation letter tomorrow.

That is when it hit her that she doesn't have much time.

"I have to do something for dad, mom and Kate, I am already late."

-------------------♡~~♧~~♡----------------

I am Sorry for updating this book after months but I have been busy studying lately

I am
Sorry for updating this book after months but I have been busy studying lately.

Also who feels the same as me that Liam is a jerk.

Lastly the last sentence instead of writing 'before it is too late' I wrote it is already late because in Ara's case it makes sense.

This book is a stress buster for me.

Thank you all for supporting me.