Chapter 31.(Resignation.)

-------------------♡~~♧~~♡----------------

"Mom! I am not a kid anymore!" Ara whined, "I can go on my own," Ara said in a low tone when she saw her mother's sterning face. She was a cat in front of a lion. "The boy was very kind to you from the beginning don't want you to create anymore problems for him so I am coming because no one knows you better than me," Ara scoffed at her mother's statements.

"Who are you talking about?" Ara mocked. "I am talking about Liam, wait are you mocking him?" Ariana shook her head in disappointment. "You know how much I love working with my friends? If he was kind enough from the start I would have my job back but he wasn't. That is why I joined his company to get my previous job," Ara explained.

"So was it a revenge or what?" Ariana asked in a friendly tone. "Sort of," Ara answered blankly  munching on her pancake. It was too late for her to escape after recognizing her own words. "Mom, it pains. Please leave me for Heaven's sake," Ara pleaded as she tried to freed her ear from her mother's hands.

"I am coming with you, that is final," Ariana concluded. Ara looked up at the ceiling and sent a secret prayer for her mother not to accompany her. She didn't want to quite her job without creating a havoc for Liam, however, that was impossible as her mother was unwillingly tagging along with her.

Ara and Ariana gazed at each other then to the skyscraper. Ara groaned internally as Ariana was disappointed in her daughter. Ariana strode in to the building as Ara followed her trying to give her all the possible reasons to go back home such as her stomach aching or having a heart attack.

"Mom you can't go in there," Ara jumped in between her mother and the door, "there is a huge monster in there it will eat you up," Ara went on explaining. She stood at an uncomfortable position, she leaned on the closed door and kept both of her hands on either side of the door frame.

"Oh! Really? I am not afraid of monsters, remember your dad is one of them," Ariana jibed making an effort of trespassing her daughter. Ara opened her mouth to talk, nevertheless, she was startled when the office door opened. She lost her balance about to fall when Liam wrapped his arm around her belly and secured her. She rested her head on his chest exhaling in relief forgetting her mother was standing in front of her. 

"Good morning Mrs.Stone," Liam was fast enough to remove his hand from Ara's belly and move forward to greet her mother while Ara stumbled trying to stand straight.

"Good morning Liam and you can call me Ariana," she was ushered into the office after their little handshake. "May I ask what brings you here today?" Liam asked smiling at Ariana.

"Are you smiling," Ara butted in scrunching her eyes to make sure she wasn't dreaming. "Ara?" Ariana called out for her rude statement. "What? I mean his like the  dark sun spots, smiling after every eleven years," Ara explained earning a slap on her arm from Ariana.

"Ara shut up," Ariana ordered while Liam smirked at Ara. Ara glared at him."Liam I am sorry on behalf of my daughter. I am really ashamed of all the problems she has caused for you, therefore, she will resign today," Ariana apologized as Liam show a victorious smirk to Ara. Liam controlled his feet from standing and jumping up in victory.

"Ariana you don't have apologize besides Arabella wasn't much of a problem," Liam said, 'but the biggest problem of my life,' he finished the statement in his mind. "Whatever you say, I know my daughter well," Ariana said wearing a tight smile. "Okay, if she wants to resign I can't do anything much," Liam tried to maintain his monotonous tone, however, Ara sensed the happiness in his tone.

"Ara I will wait for you outside," Ariana informed as she walked saying goodbye to Liam.

Once Ariana was out, Liam removed the resignation letter from his drawer at a lightning speed. "How did you know am resigning today?" Ara asked pointed at the letter. "It was there from the first day of your work over here," Liam answered smiling like a banana, "here, in fact, use my pen," Liam offered her his designated pen.

"You aren't the only one happy also I am in cloud nine. I don't have to bare with an airhead jerk," Ara replied trying to take the pen from his hold.

"Woah! Doesn't that make you an avaricious bitch?" Liam's dark obsidian eyes glared at Ara. "Whatever you say Mr.Brown, it doesn't affect me," Ara said grabbing a ball point pen and signing the document.

"Your pay will be transferred into your account by today. Remember the contract, page five? Don't come back here hoping to get a job," Liam spoke.

Ara shook her head, "you seriously think I would wish to meet you again?" She asked in bewilderment.

"If it is benefitting you then you would wish to meet me again?" Liam answered gravely. "I am greedy, although , not to the extent that I have to meet you," Ara replied in a monotone voice.

"At least, you admit you are greedy," Liam opined while Ara snorted, "Liam, not everyone was brought up with a silver spoon in their mouths like you," Ara retorted. "Humans should learn to live with what they have," Liam commented as Ara laughed ironically. "Liam please learn to live without a brain," Ara remarked as Liam held a tight-lip smile trying to restrain his words.

"Since your mother is here, I wouldn't love her to see you being thrown out of my office by the guards so pick up your stuff and get out," Liam ordered before he left the office with a file in his hand.

After Ariana was sent home