Chapter Three: Magnetic

I cough and pat my clothes down trying to rid my leather jacket of any dirt on it.

amidst the dusty haze created by the floo I spot my father talking to someone they seem quite tense when I hear the other man say to my father something on the lines of "trust me, Aston, he's no threat."

Suddenly my father realises I've come through and quickly walks to me, "Lu, how did you go?" My father says excitedly.

I look up at him then around the room, it looked to be an office which was lit with some floating candles and a big chandelier in the middle of the room, it had dark walls that were filled with shelves of trinkets and books with wooden fixtures and detailing throughout, it felt quite cold and as I looked to my left the man my father was speaking too started walking over, he was quite a very old man with a long grey beard with long grey hair wearing light grey and golden detailed robes. I stare back at my father, "Besides the absolute mess I've just made of myself it was actually quite fun." I say smiling.

"Good, good, now, Lu, I would like you to meet someone very important and a dear friend of ours, The Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore."

"Hello, Miss Vaire, may I say it is an absolute delight for you to finally be joining us here at Hogwarts, your father has done an incredible job at teaching you so far and I can't wait to see you thrive here at Hogwarts." Dumbledore says as he shakes my hand.

"It's nice to meet you too, Sir." I say looking up at him with a gentle smile.

"Lu, it's time for me to go, I have some Ministry business to take care of, you'll be in very good and safe hands with Professor Dumbledore here." My father says as he grabs me into a tight hug.

"You're going to the ministry this late, is everything ok?" I say confused.

"Yes, darling. Don't worry about a thing." My father says pinching my cheek with a smile.

"What about my things, Father?" I say as the hug finishes.

"They've already arrived. They'll be sent up to your dormitory once you're more settled in." My father says as he gives me one last hug and heads to the Floo exit. "Be good, now okay? and please be safe."

"Yes, father, I promise."

"I love you, Lu"

"Love you too, father." I reply as the bright green flames makes my father disappear.

I turn around feeling quite awkward being left with someone I don't really know and feeling slightly out of place.

"Miss Vaire, since it's already the second day into the term and all the new students are sorted into their houses I thought we'd make it a more intimate affair and sort you in my office tonight so we can get you settled into the correct dormitory." Dumbledore says as he grabs a floppy, brown hat from the shelf next to his desk.

Suddenly there is a quick knock on the door and as it opens an old lady with black robes and a black pointy hat comes in.

"Ah, Professor McGonagall, just in time." Dumbledore says.

"Good evening, Professor." McGonagall says with a sweet, Scottish brew.

"Professor McGonagall, I would like you to meet someone very special, this is Lucretia Vaire." Dumbledore says as he stands in front of me with a smile.

"Oh, Merlin, what a lovely surprise, it is so good to see you finally join us here at Hogwarts, dear." McGonagall says as she comes up to me smiling.

"Professor McGonagall is the Head of Gryffindor House. She will be keeping an eye on you and making sure your move here runs smoothly." Dumbledore says to me as I look at McGonagall with a smile.