Chapter Seventeen: Veritaserum For One

I woke up naturally by the sunlight that pierced through the small parting of the two curtains, I stretched deeply and felt well rested. I looked at the clock on the wall and it was only 7 in the morning, I hardly ever wake up this early, especially naturally, but I felt rested enough and decided to get ready for the day.

It was quite cold in my room so I put on a pair of black high waisted skinny jeans and put on a comfy dark red sweater under a plain black skivvy to keep me extra warm. I put on my Doc Martens and headed to the bathroom where I brushed my hair and tucked the left side behind my ear allowing the other side to fall down my chest. I put on some bb cream, winged eyeliner, mascara, my vanilla hydrating lip balm and decided against powder to keep my face looking dewy.

I tried looking for my perfume when I finally found it in the bedside cupboard, when placing it back after I sprayed it on my body I noticed the amorentia candle The Weasleys gave me was in the drawer.

I picked it up and smelled it, which made me deeply sigh and start thinking about Severus all over again. I hated that I couldn't shake these feelings I have towards him, I felt disgusted in myself as he is my real father, but I don't understand why I would be smelling his scents in my candle, it just didn't seem right.

I placed it back in the drawer and decided to head to Draco's room. By the time I got to Draco's room it was already after 7:30am, I was hoping he'd be awake so he could come down with me as I would feel quite uncomfortable being left with his mum or dad alone and I desperately wanted a coffee.

I open his door gently and notice he's still fast asleep, I start thinking whether I should wake him up or not but he looked so peaceful and I would have to face his parents, especially his mother, at some point. So, I shut his door gently and start heading down stairs. I head down to the dining room where I knew it connected to the kitchen so I can make myself a coffee.

I open the doors and sitting at the table was Lucius in his normal spot and Mrs Malfoy sitting beside him on his right. They seemed like they were having a tense conversation and when they noticed I was there they stopped whispering and looked up at me.

"I'm off now." Mrs Malfoy sighs as she gets up and kisses Lucius on the cheek which made me feel a bit jealous. Lucius is still staring directly at me, even though my eyes were on Mrs Malfoy I felt his stare like it was burning into me.

"Morning, Lu." Mrs Malfoy said to me in a friendly tone as she walked past me looking me up and down and left the room. I quickly turned to her to say it back but she shut the doors before I had time to even finish the word "good."

I turned back around and saw Lucius still staring at me, he had a coffee and a half eaten croissant in front of him with the newspaper in his hands.

"I'm sorry did I interrupt something." I say shyly.

"No, no, come here, sit down." Lucius says as he taps the chair that is to the right of him.

I hesitate at first as I'm not quite sure if I'll be able to sit so close to him without him being able to hear my heartbeat pounding through my chest just from staring at him. I walk over and sit to the right of him silently and stare at the table as i fidget with my hands under the table.

"Would you like some breakfast, Lucretia?" Lucius says as he takes a sip of his coffee.

The way he says my name is so sexy.

"Uh, no thank you, I was hoping for a coffee though." I say staring up at him with a small smile.

Lucius then claps his hands twice and Darly comes in with a hot coffee and places it in front of me. I'm shocked by how Darly knew what I was wanting so quickly and looked down at him with a smile, "Thank you, Darly."