Chapter Seven: Diagon Alley

"Now, have you done apparation before?" Astrid says as we sneak out of a side entrance and head off of the school grounds.

"Once before with my dad, it's quite the head rush." I say shaking my head with a small laugh remembering how out of it I was the first time I did it.

"Okay, this should be fine here. You ready?" Astrid says as she looks around as we're deep in to the forest finally off of school grounds.

We apparate to a dimly lit side alley, "Fuck." I whisper as I lose my balance a bit, "Will I ever get used to this?" I say looking up at Astrid who looks perfectly normal.

"It takes some time, but it does get better, now come along, we have to be quick." Astrid says as she grabs my arm and we start heading into the crowds.

The streets are lined with people as we snake our way through the crowds, everything is the same as I remember it besides the snow that covered the roofs and walk ways.

"Ah, here we go, Arabella's Designs. It's where I get all my nice clothes from." Astrid says as she opens the door to a small boutique.

I look around the store, the floor was wooden and the walls were an alarmingly bright pink trimmed with zebra patterns. All the clothes were placed on golden racks and there were plastic flamingos in each corner of the store.

"So, what's your style? What colour do you go for?" Astrid says as she starts going through the rack with long dresses.

"Ah, I don't really know, I don't think I've ever worn a dress as gorgeous as these." I say as I feel the fabric on a lace dress that was hanging up in the same rack Astrid was searching through, "I do prefer dark colours, maybe a simple black dress, I don't want anything to flashy."

"Oo, how about this one?" Astrid says as she spots another dress from across the room.

I walk over and spot the dress, it was a soft velvet dress with spaghetti straps and a low back.

"Go try it on!" Astrid says grabbing it and handing it to me.

I head to the change rooms and try on the dress, it hugged my curves perfectly, my chest wasn't too exposed and the backing rested in the middle of my back. I step out of the change room and show Astrid, "I love it." I say smiling and twirling around to show her the back.

I slip it off and put my clothes I came in back on and head to the register which was by the back wall. There at the till stood a short woman with a leopard print dress, big thick pink glasses, purple hair and bright pink lipsticks.

"Good morning, ladies, did you find anything you like?" The lady says with a smile.

"Yes, I did, I would like to purchase this dress." I say placing the black dress down on the counter with a smile. The lady grabs it and starts ringing it up with a smile.

"You're going to look absolutely stunning at the ball, Lucretia." Astrid whispers to me.

But not quite enough as the lady stops what she was doing and looks up at us with a cocked brow, "did you say the ball? Meaning the Hogwarts Yule Ball?"

"Uh... yeah." Astrid says with panic set in her eyes looking down.

"Girls, are you students? You know I can't sell students anything when school is on, even on weekends, unless you have a parent, guardian or teacher with you." She says with a deep sigh and starts putting the dress back on the hanger.

"Wait, I-" I say getting in a panic as she takes the dress away. Fuck, we're busted.

Suddenly I feel a hard tap on my right shoulder, I look down at it and notice it's a silver snake with bright green eyes. I then look up to see who was behind us and there stood a tall man with white-blonde hair who's eyes were crystal blue, I was mesmerised and felt my heart beating through my chest and felt a rush of coldness through my spine. He didn't look at me back and just looked ahead at the lady behind the counter. I stared back at Astrid who looked terrified at the sight of who was behind us.