Chapter Thirty: Tell Me

Lucretia rushes down the hallway as fast as she could as she wipes her tears from her red and stinging eyes. She didn't know where she was running, all she knew is that she wanted to get as far away as possible from Severus. Before she knew it she was pushing the heavy wooden door to the Astronomy Tower and walking towards the edge. She falls to her knees and lets the cold air rush through her. Her body is quivering unsure if it's from the sudden cold that freezes her red and aching face or the intense anger and sadness she's feeling.

"God..." Lucretia says painfully as she sits on the floor with her head between her knees. "What do I do? What do I do?" She says to herself between sharp breaths. She starts to get control of her breathing and she sniffles her nose as she starts calming down. A thousand thoughts are racing through her head, she's never been so hurt, but even more so, she's never been so confused in her life.

Lucretia takes her wand out of her robe and places it to her chest, there's only one thing she can think of doing, one person she wants to see at this very moment. Her wand starts to glow green as she closes her eyes when suddenly she hears the Astronomy Tower door open. She quickly scrambles to put her wand into her robe that stopped glowing the moment she took it off her heart and starts wiping away her tears as she scoots backwards behind a pillar.

She keeps her attention on the view outside the window not allowing herself to peak at who could possibly be coming up the stairs. The iciness of the breeze gets cancelled out by the hotness she's feeling from her anxiety as she starts becoming worried it could be Draco.

"Lucretia." Said a familiar voice, a comforting voice.

Lucretia looks over her shoulder, "Harry." She says with a small sigh of relief.

"Did you want to be alone?" Harry says tilting her head slightly as Lucretia wipes her cheeks.

"No, I don't know." Lucretia says softly, "Stay. Come sit with me." Lucretia says after a moment of silence.

Harry walks over to Lucretia and sits down beside her, "Is something bothering you?"

Lucretia keeps staring at the view as she sniffles her nose, "Why are you here, Harry?" She says avoiding his question.

Harry stays silent for awhile until he clears his throat, "It's my favourite place to come and just think. Find some clarity, you know... is that why you're here?"

"I don't know why I'm here. I just needed a breather, I suppose." Lucretia says as she finally looks at Harry and somehow conjures up a small smirk.

"Do you remember the last conversation we had?" Harry said as he now looks out onto the view.

Lucretia swallows the lump in her throat, "I suppose."

"Why did you break up?" Harry says not so curiously like the first time, but now more worried.

Lucretia looks to Harry, her eyes slowly shift around as she thinks of what to say. Why was she so nervous to tell Harry the truth? Was there a slight truth to what Severus was saying? Is that the mark of a Deatheater?

Before she could think of something to say Harry spoke, "Does Draco have a tattoo on his forearm?" He says in a whisper.

Lucretia's eyes stop shifting and stops in Harry's eyes. She takes a deep breath and looks away back to the view. "Do you ever get scared of the consequences of your actions? Like, you don't realise there will be consequences whilst you're doing them but now... if you could go back and change things, if you just knew how things would've turned out, Harry, my god, I don't think I ever would've taken that Hogwarts letter out of the bin my parents tried hiding from me."