Chapter Eleven: We Need To Talk

"Severus, I don't feel comfortable doing this, I'm starting to regret this." Dumbledore says to the Professor as they stand around the desk in his office.

"Albus, you know she wouldn't of come if I asked for her, she has a right to know what's happening." Severus says as he looks to the floo entrance.

Suddenly the familiar green glow of the floo flames roar through the room and out pops Asher as she pats down her coat.

Asher heads over to the desk where Dumbledore said he'll be waiting, "Albus, it's so good to see—" Asher stops and stands in shock, "Severus? W-what are you doing here? Where's Dumbledore?" Asher says with a stern voice matched with a stern look.

"Dumbledore just left, it was me that sent you the owl for you to come today, I'm sorry to deceive you like this but we need to talk." Severus says as he walks up to Asher with his hands placed together in front of his waist.

"I have absolutely nothing to say to you, Severus. I'm leaving." Asher spits as she starts heading back to go home.

"It's about Lucretia." Severus says and he follows Asher, "Asher, she knows." He says softly.

Asher stops and turns around to face Severus. Her eyes bulge with panic and her jaw tightens as her bottom lip trembles, "What do you mean? What does she know?"

"You know what I'm talking about Asher." Severus says stepping closer.

"How... Did you tell her?" Asher says angrily.

"I had to..." Severus says as he rubs his hands together nervously.

"How dare you, Severus! I told you to never tell her!" Asher says as she slaps Severus in the face with pure anger raging through her eyes.

"I had to tell her, Asher." Severus says as he presses his cold hand to his burning cheek feeling rather irritated by the slap.

"Give me one good fucking reason, Severus." Asher spits.

"She was having...thoughts." Severus said, backing away, suddenly feeling uncomfortable discussing the situation knowing how disturbing it'll be for Asher, because it made him feel dirty just thinking about it.

"Thoughts? Severus, what thoughts? Spit it out?" Asher says growing frustrated.

"Thoughts about me..." Severus clears his throat growing even more uncomfortable, "...and her." Severus says gently as he suddenly can't look Asher in the eyes anymore.

Asher stares at Severus feeling a rush of disgust fall over her, "Severus, are you trying to say my daughter was having dirty thoughts about you?" Asher takes a quick inhale in starting to feel just as uncomfortable and disgusted with this situation as Severus.

"I tried to get her to dislike me, I tried to be harsh with her in class but the thoughts wouldn't stop and I didn't know what else to do." Severus says finally staring back at Asher with furrowed brows.

"This is wrong, this is so wrong, Severus! Do you realise how wrong this is? Oh, Merlin..." Asher says pacing back and forth with her right hand on her head rubbing her temples and the other scrunching her clothes on her stomach.

"Do you understand now why I needed to tell her..." Severus says exhaling deeply.

"How did she react?" Asher says as she finally stops pacing and stops in front of Severus.

"She was hysterical, I think she found it hard to comprehend everything I was saying, I did after all just spin her world upside down, but she doesn't think I'm her father. She doesn't believe she could be mine just because she's in Slytherin, so she made me do a test with her blood." Severus says biting the inside of his cheek feeling nervous.