Chapter Four: The First Day

I wake up to my curtains being drawn allowing the light from the window to shine on to me.

"Lucretia, wake up!" Astrid says as she walks back to her side of the room finishing her hair.

"God, what time is it?" I say struggling to keep my eyes open as I only got a few short hours of sleep after I was able to shut my thoughts off.

"It's 6:30, we have breakfast all together in the Great Hall at 7:30, then classes start at 8." She says as she pulls her white blonde hair into a pony tail and brushes her fringe to each side of her face. I notice Dahlia isn't in the room.

"Thank you, I honestly have no idea what time anything is, or even my schedule." I say as I get up out of bed stretching and looking at Astrid from across the room slightly confused.

"Check your top draw, there should be a diary filled with your semesters class schedule." Astrid says pointing at the cupboard by my bed.

I open the drawer and take a look at the schedule for today, "Looks like I have potions first up, I love potions." I say smiling as I close the diary and place it on my bed.

"Yikes! You're in for quite the first day." Astrid says with a small laugh.

"Is there something wrong with potions?" I say as I start getting dressed into my uniform that was hung up in the tall closet on the other side of my bed. I don't feel awkward about getting undressed in front of Astrid, and with Astrid just sitting on her bed putting her shoes on without bothering with it we continue our conversation.

"Oh, there's nothing wrong with the class at all, we actually have an incredibly talented Potions Professor, but Professor Snape isn't really the most, how would you say... inviting, kind... approachable teacher around." Astrid says as she finishes getting dressed and comes and sits down on my bed.

Astrid saying his name made my cheeks fill with warmth, "Professor Snape is the Potions Professor?" I say looking at Astrid hoping she didn't notice my cheeks getting red.

"Yeah, he's also the Head of Slytherin, you'd think he'd take us, Slytherins, easy in his class but unfortunately he's an unbiased, miserable glump." Astrid says rolling her eyes.

"I-I've met him, last night, he escorted me here from Dumbledores office, he's quite intense don't you think?" I say as I tuck my sweater into my skirt.

"He's intense alright" Astrid laughs, "I'm just going to head downstairs I need to finish off some homework but meet me down there when you're finished and we'll walk to breakfast together." Astrid says as she leaps off my bed and heads to the door.

"No worries, I won't be long." I say to Astrid as she sends me a smile and leaves the room.

I'm seeing him already so soon?

I check the time and see it's reaching close to 7 and I'm only half dressed with my hair still a mess and my face not done up. I grab my tie from the cupboard and try to attempt to tie it on my own, I've never had to wear one ever in my life, half the time back at home all I wore to the basement for my classes was my pyjamas.

I turn to Adelina, "I don't suppose you know a spell to do up my tie now would you?" I say placing my finger in her cage to stroke her head. I give up attempting and put on my robes and folded the tie in the pocket, these uniforms are so dramatic but so cool. It felt nice to actually feel a part of a real school, magical or not. I look down at the Slytherin symbol feeling a small knot in my stomach thinking about how my parents would take the news of me being in Slytherin, I wonder if Dumbledore has already told them or not or will it be up to me to tell them...