Chapter Twenty-Three: New Years Eve

Lucius left Lucretia's room feeling even more stressed than he was when he woke up. From the time he just spent with Lucretia he knew that she believed everything he said and she truly trusted him, that was quite the relief for him but to truly get everything in order for tonight was crucial as he had too much to lose.

Lucius took a quick bath and got dressed for the day then got Darly to shave his face as he threw back a few firewhiskeys.

"Darly is finished, Sir." Darly says as he wipes the rest of the shaving cream off Lucius.

"Then leave." Lucius snaps as he downs another glass.

Suddenly Lucius notices his wand glowing green through his coat pocket and gets up from his chair in the bathroom and quickly heads to his office locking it behind him.

He took the wand out of his pocket and placed his wand to his chest, "Initiatus."

The green glow of his wand disappeared as a man apparated with a green glow into Lucius' office in front of him.

"Wormtail... what do you think you're doing getting me to allow you access when the girl is here?" Lucius snaps as he flares his nostrils in anger.

"The Dark Lord sent me." Wormtail said skittishly.

Lucius drew a sharp inhale and calmed his face, "What is it that the Dark Lord wants from me?"

"He wants to make sure everything is in order for tonight." Wormtail replies as he creeps closely to Lucius.

"You can tell the Dark Lord that everything is perfectly in order. The girl thinks she can trust me." Lucius says cocking an eyebrow and smirking.

"The Dark Lord will be happy to hear. May I ask, how did you get her to trust you, surely her parents would've told her about you, no?" Wormtail says chuckling.

"The girl is very naïve and has a very poor relationship with her parents. I had her eating out of the palm of my hand in no time." Lucius says with a small chuckle, "Plus, a touch of daddy issues seemed to lock me in rather easily."

Wormtail laughs, "well The Dark Lord will be please to know everything's in order. Don't forget the repercussions, Lucius. We wouldn't want a slip up." Wormtail says grinning making Lucius stare at him sternly.

Wormtail disapparates leaving Lucius alone in his office. Lucius sighs deeply and puts his hands to his face as he starts to hyperventilate. He heads to his desk and grabs out some firewhiskey from his draw and takes two large sips straight from the bottle.

He sits down at his desk and places his hands on to his face, "Keep yourself together. She trusts you. Everything is as it should." He whispers to himself.

It's been a few hours since I've seen Lucius, I had afternoon tea outside on the terrace today as I felt too cooped up in the house lately. When Darly told me it was ready I was hoping Lucius would at least be there but he was no where to be seen.

I walked back inside and hear voices coming from the front of the house.

"Lucretia, hey." Draco says softly as I head to the front entrance.

"Hey, I was wondering when you'd be back, how was everything?" I say with a soft smile.

"Fine."Draco says slightly agitated as he takes off his coat, "We should get ready for tonight, meet me up in my room later on and we can hang before everyone gets here."