Chapter Eight: Detention

The weekend goes by quite slowly, after my breakdown in the common room, Draco had been spending all his time with me, he even got the help of the twins, also Astrid, to make me feel better by teaching me how to fly a broomstick whilst he went off to Quidditch practice.

It went hilariously bad but it was so much fun and had me laughing all day. I went about 100 metres up into the sky before freaking out about being too high. George said it was awfully unfortunate to be a witch and be afraid of heights because I miss out on the best form of travel. But I was more than happy to keep my feet on the ground to travel.

It's been a week since Astrid and I got caught by Mr. Malfoy in Diagon Alley. He keeps popping up in my thoughts every now and then, his intensity is almost hypnotic, and for some reason I feel like I need to see him again.

I walk hand-in-hand with Draco to Potions class, we head to our usual seats and I spot Harry and Hermione come in and walk pass me.

"Hey, guys." I say with a smile staring at them both.

Hermione smiles and says hello as she heads to her seat, Harry stops in front of me and Draco and looks down at the table where Draco and I have our fingers intertwined together then he stares up at Draco then me, "Morning, Lu." Harry says with a straight face and takes his seat next to Hermione.

"What the hell is his problem?" Draco scoffs as he eyes Harry.

The room turns quiet as Professor Snape walks into the classroom, I automatically take my hand away from Draco's as I stare at Snape.

Snape turns around to the classroom with a stern look, "Today you will all be creating The Draught of Living Death, it is a very complex and very dangerous potion but with just over an hour of class to go I'm sure some of you will at least make a decent attempt." Snape then takes out a small, clear vial with clear liquid inside. "Anyone who perfects this potion will earn this small vial of Felix Felicis, or better known as Liquid Luck. I've held this vial for many years with no student being able to perfect this potion, I'm sure you all will continue to disappoint me."

He sits down at his desk as all of us students open our books to the Living Death recipe and start attempting it.

Half an hour has already gone by and everyone is struggling, Snape is walking around each station watching as we all struggle. I've always aced my potions, it's something that comes so naturally to me but even I'm struggling. I grab the Sopophorous bean and try to cut it, the bean then flies into the air, hitting Professor Snape in the back of the head. I stand frozen with my eyes and mouth wide open and feel a drop in my stomach. Some students around me that saw start to chuckle but stop instantly as Snape turns around with a stern look.

He notices me staring at him looking like a scared little puppy, he picks the bean up from the floor and walks over to me and slams the bean down in front of me without losing eye contact. He's only a few inches away from my body, close enough for me to smell his musky cologne and the faint smell of liquorice on his breath and the warmth from his body. I suddenly start feeling a bit excited about what he might say or perhaps do to me and close my mouth as I try to hide a smirk.

That at least deserves a spank...

Snape knots his brows and sighs.

"Miss Vaire, I'd suggest you use a different approach to the sopophorous bean." He says cocking an eyebrow and pursing his lips in annoyance and starts turning back around.

Suddenly without thinking I reach out and lightly stroke his right arm feeling the soft cotton fabric of his sleeve which makes him stop and turn towards me again with a shocked and confused look.