Past

We were chatting. Mostly about the weird occurrences that's happening in this island. About the creatures that lives with us on the inner island and the chaos of the outer island.

None of them have ever stepped their feet on this island before. Mainly because Sabo and Koala thought that there was no inner island existing and the thought of trouble was what keeping them from coming to the outer island. Meanwhile Robin just haven't traveled to this part of the world.

"The duality was just shocking."
Koala beamed as she excitedly tell the story of how she pat a Sphynx on the head.

"I thought they would be ferocious and... I don't know, evil? But they're just like cats. Only waaay bigger."
She continued.

"The one you're talking about is probably the one that people kidnapped in the past. Those are trained to be beasts for shows or in case of Impel Down, for guarding the cell floors so no one would dare to escape."
I explained.

"Makes sense."
Robin nodded along.

"Anyway, I'll take you guys somewhere I haven't got the chance to yesterday. It's where the crew first built me a room."
I smiled as I stood from my seat.

We're pretty much done eating the snacks and it's just a little after lunch, so we were full immediately after two slices of cake.

"Are you even supposed to be walking around?"
Sabo asked worriedly.

"No, my limbs would just fall off-"

A terrified expression filled his entire face.

"Of course not, idiot. I'm joking. I feel fine."
I rolled my eyes and joined the two girls who chuckled at his reaction.

"Relax, Sabo."
Koala sighed.

"It's Meddie we're talking about here."
Robin followed, patting Sabo's shoulder before following me and Koala out of the room.

________________________

"It's.... outside?"
Sabo questioned.

"Well, yeah. It's more like a shed, actually."
I smiled as I pushed another large leaf out of the way.

We've walked pretty far out from the house and closer to the waterfall.

"Tadaa!!"
I presented the now, old shed proudly.

"How old is this thing?"
Koala was a little shocked at the condition of it.

The walls already grew some mold and there's also plants wrapped around it. The previously bright, creme paint is now contaminated with shades of green and dots of black.

"I haven't been here for... I don't know... ten years? I'm surprised it's still standing at all."
I chuckled as the front door let out a rain of dust as soon as I pushed it.

The view inside had already changed a little. It's just the dust and lack of sunlight made everything seem darker and gloomy.

"These plants are covering the window. I can't even open it."
Robin said as she failed to open it for the second time.

"Ah, it's alright. There should be lanterns here, still."
I said as I searched the drawers of the nearest table.

I found one and light it up with the matches I brought.

As we searched for more lanterns, we found ourselves in my old bedroom. The bed is covered in a thin white sheet while the other furniture are open to the air.

"You had so many dolls!"
Koala said, surprised once again.

"The crew dotes on me a lot. I used to get so many presents each month every time they sent me a letter, it would come with something from everyone."
I smiled as I picked up the cat plushie that Pops gave to me when I was little.