Solo

Morning came faster than I want it to. I still need more sleep and more darkness. Sleeping late the night before a mission was a bad idea after all. But it's not like I have a choice regarding that matter.

Dragon should've at least told me two days ago...

I sighed as I paced faster towards the dock. I can see that the ship Dragon let me borrow was all shiny and ready to go.

With one last wave at Dragon, I sailed out with Viper.

____________________________

With no one to talk to, I found myself re-reading the files over and over again as I don't want to waste the books I brought in a short time. I even packed my belongings in my room already. Now the sun is right above my head, shining very brightly, which I don't like.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I despise the sun or anything. I just prefer not to get sunlight when it's above 10 a.m. I still enjoy the sun when it's early in the morning and it actually feels nice. Unlike above 10 a.m when it's starting to flare and burning up badly.

Dere dere dere dere dere

"Yes?"

"HOW COULD YOU LEAVE WITHOUT TELLING?!"

I cringed as I make more distance from the den den mushi.

"It was Dragon's decision. It's not like you would let me leave easily if you know."
I sighed in annoyance.

"Ugh... just tell me-"

"If anything happened. Got it."
I cut him off since I know exactly what he's about to say.

"DID YOU JUS-"

"Stop yelling, please."
I rubbed my temple in attempt to calm myself before snapping at him.

"Sorry, Meddie-chan! I'll shut him up for you."
Koala's voice suddenly replaced Sabo's as I can hear some muffled complaints coming from the blonde.

"Thank you."

"I will prevent him from calling you every single day. So be careful out there, yeah?"
Koala said cheerfully.

"I will. Thanks again, Koala."
I smiled.

"You're welcome! Have a safe trip!"

And then the call ended.

Sabo's over protectiveness honestly caught me a little off-guard the first time I experienced it. He was never the type to fret and worry about me so overly like this when we were kids. So I don't know why he's doing it now.

The war might have made him anxious about Luffy's, Ace's, and my well-being. But still not big enough of a reason for treating me like a toddler. At least for me, it's not big enough.

Well, after that short conversation with Sabo, I found myself reading the files once again. Just making sure that the plan I'm doing is going to go smoothly.

But reading these pages over and over might be a little too much for me today. I felt kinda sleepy after repeating it for the twentieth time. So I decided to take a little nap. I don't have to worry since Viper is still pulling the ship strongly.

__________________________

"Cursed."

"You do know what your family name stands for, right?"

"Pop's one and only daughter, you say?"

"Nobody likes a woman being part of the crew. You're making everyone uncomfortable."