Prophecy

"What? Why? What do you mean?"
This piqued my interest.

"It was a prophecy of a future chaos. About a man in a straw hat who will turn this world upside down... I'm sure you know who I'm talking about."
He said with a slight nod.

I followed his nod and continue to listen.

"And in that prophecy, Meddie... there was a female sibling.... You. The one who sacrifices all for her family."
Now his eyebrows are scrunched together, disturbed.

"Sacrifices... all?"
My voice was shaky as I questioned.

"... I'm not sure either what those words meant as the prophecy ended there since the rest of the book was torn by someone. But that short... sentence, doesn't sound good."
He said.

"I've met and fought alongside Straw Hat myself and I honestly understand how he could be someone to shake the world. But that prophecy could also be for Red Hair since he also does own the straw hat and a sister. A sister who already gave it her all..."
He continued.

"But if it really is a prophecy of Straw Hat... Meddie, you should-"

"Yeah, I'll be careful."
I cut him off with a reassuring smile.

He only stared at me in concern.

"It's me, Izo. Would I really give up on life that easily?"
I smiled again.

He sighed.

"I know. And I also know you well enough to know that you would also give everything up for those you hold dearly. I've seen it before with my very own eyes, Meddie. How your eyes showed a sad glint right before you took Akainu's blow for your brothers. If you could do it then... you could do it again in the future."
He started to frown as his voice slowly shakes.

I didn't say anything as I approached and sat next to him, hugging him while silently patting his back.

"Don't ever do something like that again."
He sighed as he rest his face on the crook of my neck, feeling his finger tracing the scar that Akainu gave me.

"Sorry..."
I muttered as I continued to pat his back softly.

___________________________

After we're finished with our tea, we both head outside just to walk around together and talk about things. Catching up on each other's life. That's when we caught up with the others who seem to be having a good conversation amongst themselves.

"You done showering?"
Robin asked with a small smile.

"Yeah, some of the salt still linger in my hair but I can't seem to do anything about it though."
I sighed as I sat next to her and Izo next to me.

"What were you guys talking about?"
Izo asked.

"Oh, you know, that one time we found an island filled with skulls and human remains?"
Vista laughed out loud.

"Right, that was pretty... exciting."
Izo said with an unsure smile.

"So apparently those skulls were from people there who used to live as cannibals. Almost all of them got a deadly disease from the cannibalistic culture and died. The rest decided to stop doing it and survived but left the island. Leaving it only with human remains."
Marco told us the story.

"And those remains could still transmit the disease up until it completely decayed."
Izo added.

"And how did you guys know that."
I squint my eyes in suspicion.

"T-That is..."
Marco started to sweat and smiled awkwardly as he looked around the other crews for help.

"Around five... people from Marco's and my division got it. We quickly made a vaccine for it though and injected everyone."
Blenheim admitted.