Whispers

Funeral then are held right on the next morning. Edward Newgate is buried in his homeland, Sphinx. Right next to the house he was raised in.

"Meddie..."
Shanks approached the girl who hasn't left the grave for hours.

"Thank you for coming. If it weren't for you, I would've lost much more.."
She sounded so frail at the moment, yet still standing tall, trying to look as strong as she could.

I didn't do anything though...

Was what Shanks thought to himself.

But he can't bring himself to say that since she's now too broken for humble words.

"I swear on my life that I won't reveal this location to another soul."
Shanks declared.

Medeia turned around to face him to see his crew also following the swear, standing right behind him with their hands on their chest.

"We swear on our soul and the pride of Red Hair crew that we shall keep this location a secret for the rest of our lives!"
They repeated.

Her eyes watered at the sight of them, but she held back her tears as she smiled and thanked them for everything once again.

Then the yonko crew left her alone, to continue on their journey.

____________________________

Dinner time came and everyone have gathered in the dining area in mourning silence. Only a few of them are talking, mostly discussing about what just happened and about what they think would happen after.

But even them, went quiet as the door opened, revealing the daughter of their deceased captain. All wearing black from head to toe, Medeia looked very much like a corpse bride with the hollow in her eyes.

She sat on her father's previous seat that's way too large for her normal body and started to stare at it full of longing.

Putting a plate of food in front of her, Marco has been nothing but being worried the whole day. After he visited the grave, he found her missing and only appeared now during dinner. And the most worrisome part.

She hasn't cried. Not even during the funeral.

___________________________

"I will tell Ace myself about what happened. So please refrain from contacting him for a while."
She suddenly informed to all of them.

They all were still quiet as they didn't know what to say to her besides some meaningless words of comfort.

"And I will be leaving tomorrow morning. That is all that I have to say. Good night."
She stood from her seat, ignoring the food or the confused chatters between the crew members.

"Wait! Wait, Meddie!"
Marco and Izo ran up to her worriedly.

Before she could leave the room, they caught her.

"You're leaving?"
"Why?"
"It's dangerous for you to be alone!"

The commanders started to say their minds.

"It's me. I'm the danger. As long as I'm not here, there won't be anyone targeting you guys. So I have to leave."
She said with a really pain-filled expression.

Marco's hand that held hers immediately fell to his sides. Another realization came to them as what she's saying is right.

The first thing that Teach said when he suddenly attacked was her name. His crew is definitely looking for her. And what happened after she passed out yesterday was extremely shocking even to them. How Teach could use Shirohige's devil fruit.