Parting

In the end, I can't win the argument against them and now I'm calling Spandam in front of the two of them so they can hear the conversation clearly.

"Hello? It's Medeia."
I said as soon as he picked up.

"What is it?"
He clicked his tongue in annoyance.

"I have to talk to one of the five. It's urgent."

"... wait."
He grumbled.

Then the line continued to another.

"Why are you calling? Do you need something?"
He asked.

"Yes, I might want to propose some changes in the offer you gave me earlier."
I said.

"Which are..?"

"I'll be taking one person with me, and whoever they are, they must also be cleared of chase and arrest attempts by government officials, agents, and marines."
I stated.

"And may I know who it is?"
He asked.

"It's..."
I glanced at Marco, unsure.

Both him and Pops raised their eyebrows as in saying 'what are you waiting for??'
So I took a deep breath and let out a long sigh before answering.

"It's Marco the Phoenix. He'll be coming with me."
I said.

He was silent for quite some time until I heard him clearing his throat from the end of the line.

"I shall discuss this with the other four. Please stay, I'll put you on hold."
He said and then it all turned quiet.

I put the den-den mushi away from my face and sighed once again. The nervousness was obvious from the two of them. Of course they want me to not go at all, a.k.a request to bring Marco along got denied. But I really should go whether he's coming or not.

"I'm back."
He said.

I focused on the den-den mushi once more.

"We... accept. That condition shall be official all throughout New World and Paradise by tomorrow."
He said.

"And Mary Goeise also?"
I raised an eyebrow in suspicion.

"Yes... in Mary Goeise also."
He sighed.

"Alright. Then, you can expect my arrival at that tea party."
I said before hanging up.

Taking a short break by staring at the ceiling while stretching my back, I looked at both Marco and Pops with a small smile after a sigh.

"You heard that? We have to be there in two months."
I gestured to both me and Marco as I spoke with Pops.

"So I'll leave your treatments to Izo. And PLEASE, don't do anything stupid like rejecting your medicine-yoi."
Marco half-glared at Pops.

"Gu ra ra ra ra ra!! I won't, my son. Don't worry about me and go prepare for your departure! Make sure you're prepared for everything."

_________________________

"Mary Goeise... it's surprisingly going to be my first time."
Marco said with a small sarcastic smile.

"You're not going to like it."
I said as flashes of memories when I visited that place before.

Yeah... that time too...

"Any idea why they want you to go there-yoi?"
He asked.

"... there is. But none of us would like it to be true."
I scrunched my brows, hating the idea.