Mission

Night of drinking ended pretty early since the three of us have a mission early in the morning. As soon as I woke up, Hack greeted me in front of my door, telling me to immediately go to Dragon's office as soon as I finished breakfast.

Breakfast was loud as usual as chatters of people can be heard throughout the entire room. But I managed to finish my meal quietly as I noticed that Sabo and Koala probably already had breakfast and is waiting in Dragon's office. So I rushed my meal and walked in a quick pace to his office.

When I opened the door, I was expecting them to be all already there, prepared. But what I found was Dragon, sitting alone in his table with a confused look.

"Where's the others? I thought I was late."
I said as I sat in front of him.

"You're the first. Hack and Koala are probably trying to wake Sabo up at the moment."
He sighed tiredly.

"Well, while they're not here, I have things to ask."
I said.

"About your lone-mission, right? Did Iva tell you?"
He asked.

"Yeah. He only said that it'll be a lone-mission to Tequila Wolf, nothing more."
I said.

"Read this first and I'll explain what your mission is."
He said as he handed me a pretty thick file about the country and the construction going on.

The file was needless to say, shocking. It is unbelievable how this kind of thing escaped my knowledge as a Vice Admiral in the past. Marines must've covered this up very well that even I have no idea about all of it. The victim fell for the construction of this bridge is just too much and the treatment towards them was simply inhumane.

"116.000 estimated death...?"
I can feel my pupils shake, disturbed by the information in this file.

"This had been going on for too long, but the Marines and the government always had their eyes for this project since it was requested by the nobles. So we haven't been able to free the slaves and end the entire thing."
He started to explain.

"But thanks to the Marineford War, their attention now diverted to current problems they need to fix, so the security is way weaker."
He continued.

"A good chance to infiltrate."
I added.

Dragon nodded as his eyes diverted to the pictures attached in the file.

"I'll provide you with a fleet containing 20 ships, but the only ones to company you are only the navigators and technicians. You'll have to infiltrate and free them alone."
He said, eyeing me carefully.

A large ship could hold up to 300 people.... With 20 ships and the rescueé are mostly children....

"That should be enough. Even if not, we can always have another trip there, right?"
I smiled.

There's no estimation about how many people are there in need of a rescue, but saving more than 6000 people on one go is very good already.

"You'll depart immediately. The ships are already waiting."
He smiled, handing me a piece of vivre card.

"What about my mission with Sabo's team?"
I asked.

"The three of them can do it themselves. Your mission would take a lot of time after all."
He said.

"Alright. Thanks for the vivre card."
I smiled as I put the card in my swords belt's pocket.

"Oh! That reminds me!"
I said as I grabbed a bracelet from my pouch.

With a little explaining, Dragon's blood is now mixed in my bracelet as I gave the one containing mine to him along with a piece of vivre card. Right when this little trade was done, the door bursted open with panting Sabo followed by Koala and Hack who seem to be dying out of exhaustion.