Viper

Dinner was enjoyable as Neptune let Shirahoshi to actually eat on the dining table instead of keeping her inside of her room. That's because both me and Jinbei are here, so it's enough protection.

"Can I have your time? Both of you."
I said to Neptune and Jinbei as we finished dinner.

Shirahoshi was already escorted back to her room, so we're off with our business.

We moved to Neptune's private office to start the conversation. So I started talking.

"I'm sorry."
I started, kneeling while holding my katana.

"O-Oi! What are you doing?!"

"Stand- really, what's with you, suddenly apologizing like that?"

Both Neptune and Jinbei panicked as they tried to help me back up.

"With my fleet's protection gone, you're more prone to pirate attacks now. Not to mention Pops' crew are still healing."
I started.

"I hate to say it myself... But Marines don't have any interest in keeping this island safe."
I continued in grimace.

"We're still under your father's protection, so we'll be alright."
Neptune tried to assure me.

"Pops.... Pops won't live forever, old man."
I cringed at my own words.

Even my chest started to hurt as I said it.

"W-What are you saying?!"
Jinbei said, ticked off.

"I'm being realistic here. You have to think about the long term effect. Sure, this island is currently under Pops' supervision, but what about fifty years from now?"
I said.

They got quiet as they looked down.

"I heard that you two talked about Big Mom."
I cleared my throat.

"... Her fleets were seen nearby, seemingly spying on the island. Specially it's sweets."
Jinbei confessed.

"That's what I'm worried about."
I grimaced.

"Then what do you propose?"
Neptune spoke up.

"Shirahoshi's power... I think it's time for you to train her properly."
I said.

"What?! No! Never!"
He's now mad at me for even mentioning that.

"Having her locked up in the castle will be a boomerang attacking you in the future. You do realize that she could have this entire island gone if she unknowingly threw a tantrum, right?"
I raised an eyebrow.

"I... I must say that I agree with Medeia. It is time for Princess Shirahoshi to learn how to control that power of hers."
Jinbei sighed.

"Think of her as the guardian angel of this island, old man. She could still be as lovely and be able to fend off bad guys off this island very easily with her power."
I tried to persuade him.

"How am I even supposed to train her?"
Neptune sighed in defeat.

"Let Shirahoshi travel with me for a year. I will train her with the rest of Division Commanders in Pops' crew."
I said, more serious than ever.

Neptune obviously didn't like the idea and was frustrated that he knows that my idea has no flaw in it. Shirahoshi could both be protected from Decken while getting her power controlled.

"I...."
Neptune face-palmed, I think he got a headache.

"I can't.... She's still my baby daughter."
He sighed.

I looked down as I sighed.

It was an expected answer coming from him.

"I kinda expected that answer. So I'll just tell you this. I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon for New World and probably won't return here anytime soon. I don't want you to regret your decisions."
I smiled tiredly, packing my stuff before leaving his office.