Duality

"You're really just a clone, right?"
Jinbei asked me for the fifth time today.

"I am!! Geez.."
I scowled.

"Alright then, before anything, let me tell you about Gang Bege that took you here."

_____________________________

Communicating with Luffy and Sanji via the broken pieces of mirror, we were able to all listen to Bege's conspiracy that Jinbei told us.

"So he aimed to kill her? Him??"
I scoffed in disbelief.

"I have no idea what it is that he has under his sleeves, but he's confident enough to do it this soon."
Jinbei acknowledged.

"But Luffy, Sanji... will you team up with Bege?"
He finally asked the big question.

"Actually... you've got a point!"
Luffy exclaimed.

"Luffy!!"
Both Sanji and Nami seem opposed to the idea.

"It would be our best chance to escape from here. If anything, I can always push Bege in as a sacrificial monkey since he is the one directing all of it first."
I nodded in agreement to Luffy and Jinbei.

"Meddie?!?"
The others shrieked in fear.

"Don't be mistaken. She might be soft and kind to you because you're Luffy's comrades. During her Marine years, she was the youngest ever person to be appointed as a Vice Admiral for killing more than 400 pirates in less than six months."
Jinbei pointed out.

I can see Nami, Chopper, and Brook shuddered after hearing the information while Carrot and Pedro seem interested in it.

"That's a long time ago though."
I added.

"It's not, though.."
Chopper muttered to himself.

"Right. So... where are we meeting him?"

______________________________

Right after we went inside of Bege's hideout, we were told to shower and clean ourselves first. Which is amazing if you ask me.

"Ow..."
The injuries on my body didn't heal at all, so when the soap touches my skin, it hurts like a bitch.

"But Meddie, I have a question."
Nami shot up.

"What is it?"

"Why can't your clones heal?"
She asked.

Then I can see Carrot nodding, seemingly also confused.

"Hmm... you see, if I were to give you an example, it would be like Doflamingo's copy that he made of himself."
I started out.

"Because he's a string man, his copy is attached to the original body, allowing it to be fully controlled in every aspect. Meanwhile mine is a different story. Since my clones doesn't have any attachments to the real body, the energy it receives can't be added."
I continued as they nodded.

"So for the clones to be able to utilize the full 100% power the original body has, it shouldn't heal itself if it were to be injured. That's why."
I finished my explanation.

Nami and Carrot nodded, finally understanding how my clones works while Chiffon only listened to the conversation with interest in her eyes.

_______________________________

Done with our baths, we dressed up in the clothes that Bege provided and waited for him in some sort of conference room. He then walked out and sat on the middle seat.

The squabbles in the room died down real quick thanks to Jinbei's simple words. Then we went down the real business and apparently Caesar is also here.