Unreasonable doubts

After the occurrence with Breth, Linda had always tried to be careful of who she walked into and how she talked to them. She wouldn't want to risk anything even staying with demons she thought.

Richard seized her by her wrist and pushed her towards the garden where the other maids were at. She still didn't understand how Richard was always so...rude in everything he did. As far as she knew, she had never seen Ricard's face break into a heartfelt state. Always the cold shoulder.

"You're to water the garden starting from the rose down to the daisy." He ceased.

"I'd appreciate it if you stopped mimicking me, you human." He scowled and left in exasperation. Linda giggled to herself as she grabbed the watering can from the hanger.

"You're really a stubborn ass. I like it." Uria uttered. Linda giggled at the comment and replied. "I am one but I don't show it." She said in a small voice.

She continued to water the flowers until the third bell rang for the day. The sky appeared grey in colour, meaning it was nighttime or a heavy rainfall was about to pour.

"Is it dinner time yet?" Linda asked with hope falling from her voice. Uria chuckled.

"No. It means there's an announcement to be made and everyone is expected to be there, including you." She answered. "Now come on! Let's go. I want to see what the beast got to say."

Uria ushered Linda forward the dark hall. Everything in the villa had a dark mysterious vibe to it. The bell was even made of the dark. Linda continued to work into the hall where she saw some maid levy. She joined in.

Richard whose eyes always seem to be on everyone in the villa, caught sight of the Shadow that passed by and quirked his brows.

A Shadow?

He continued to look at the Shadow that danced around the hall with happiness. He knew who it was immediately at the whisper of the voice.

"Hi, Rich," Uria murmured causing Richard to roll his eyes almost immediately.

"What the hell are you doing in the villa? Is Andrew aware?" Richard asked with a world-weary tone.

"Nope!" Uria said popping the 'p's "I don't think he should know either. Can you like don't tell him?" She pleaded with a fake voice.

"Mhnn." He hummed. "I'll decide at the end of the day." He shrugged and walked away from the Shadow who smiled to herself.

With the man in the mantle, Andrew walked in front of the maids and sat on one of the stools that were placed for him. He breathed deeply the smell of freshly bathed maids.

Irresistibly, the maids watched Andrew with curiosity. He was finely elegant with his human form and soon all of them began to drool. The back of his neck was smooth with the drawing of a moon.

"Good evening everyone!" He greeted with a small psycho smile. He bent forward into his stool and massaged his neck.

"I appreciate your great help around the villa. It's good seeing you such things help around."

His voice didn't lie as he spoke like he detested humans. His eyes looked almost like he was raging inside. He surely didn't try to be polite to them.

"Breth?" He spoke-asked.

A lady arose from the depth of the villa. Linda gasped as she saw the woman coming out of the hall. Her eyes zeroed inside her holes.

"She's my sister and she'll be living with us from now onwards." He announced locking eyes with every maid in the hall including Linda.

"I want you all to respect her as she's free to give advice and commands. If I'm not in presence, she's going to be in charge. Anyone who gives against her will face the consequences from me. Mark my words, you'll regret being human." Andrew threatened.

Silence filled the hall as all the slaves absorb the information sentence by sentence. Although, Linda was shocked to see Breth's face again.

She thought she was a visitor and her living in the villa with her, She could swear her life is going to be a living nightmare.

"Dismissed," Andrew called. His eyes fished out the girl he's been looking for. "Except you Linda. Meet me in my chamber."

Breth turns to meet with the person Andrew called to. Her body began to boil with anger as she looks at the young girl. With an eye roll, she took her leave outside.

The two silently worked into the hall on their way to Andrew's chamber. The girl's heart still beating in her rib cage.

"Nervous aren't we?" Andrew pursed his lips, pushing open the door to his chamber. His ears never failing to notice the skip of the girl's heart.

"Tell me. Have you met Breth before?" He asked her.

Linda nodded.

"I knew." He whispered as he seats on his stool and watched the girl. His lips strained forth into a grin. He could hear her heartbeat beating at such a fast pace.

"I want to know more about you, Linda. Enlighten me, will you?"

Linda looked up to Andrew and swallowed apprehensively. Her headbanging. Who would want to know anything about such a boring person? Her life was nothing to be interested in neither was it funny to laugh about. She didn't want to say anything to Andrew about her life since she didn't believe he should know.

"Still deciding aren't you?" He cocked his head and chuckled.

"I'm going out. You're dismissed." He told. She bowed - not that she thought it was necessary- and left his chamber.

"How on earth is she his bride?" Andrew asked himself with a loud sigh.

His questions left silent.

He walked towards the candle that emitted light, blazing like his soul. The thick white candle burnt like a liquid ad it crawled down the candle. He placed his fingertip on the fire.

It burnt his skin like leaves but there wasn't a single scar or injury on his fingertips. He hummed to himself and annihilate the fire with a single blow.