Clear waters

Author's POV

Synn has never been confused in such a complex state before in his life. He knew something was wrong but he couldn't just place his fingers on the head. He sat down next to the window in his room watching the outside activities. He needed to wrap things around his head. He needed answers to what happened and who caused it.

Meanwhile, Linda was in the library loafing on the brownish leather lounge fixed at one end of the room. She also needed to take a break in her own little space and just blank out all the problems she's been facing recently.

Finding out about her family's secret

Synn's cruel way of hurting her; And

The blood in the toilet

Strange things.

As problematic as it could sound, she knew something wasn't right. Somewhere in her life and outside of it. Her hands travelled to her hair, tucking a loose strand behind her earlobes. She was tired of everything going wanting back to her normal life. Even if it wasn't the best life in the world, she was still happy being with people that she loved. She still liked it even if it wasn't delightful. Having her mother was enough for her, the little moment was what she loved the most. But since the day she's been thrown in the deranged mess of such life she was in right now, confusion was only what took her away.

Sure, she had made friends and made them close but nothing could be compared to her life with her family.

"You've been sitting down all day on that little space of yours. Care to share  what's on your mind?" Owel appears out of the bloom from the corner of the shelves. Linda wondered if he ever go out of the library since the only day she saw him out was the first day she saw Silver.

"I can't explain." Her chest was loaded with grief. "No one would understand me."

Her words were deep with hidden meaning which made Owel curious. He never expected such words from such an innocent and little girl. Inside of her was broken glasses piercing her soul but she made no noises to let people know.

He sits down next to her on the wooden stool. He digs his hands into his pocket and brings out a locket.

"You know, a problem shared is half solved. Maybe I wouldn't understand but at least tell me what you feel."

Linda mildly takes a glance at Owel. His long fingers were holding a locket in his fist. She squints her eyes, standing up from lying flat on her tummy. She still believed he would never understand her but he was asking nicely. Maybe telling him won't hurt her.

"I feel lost." She breaths out, her eyes dropping low. "I just can't find happiness in this house. I don't like here. I want and long for my home."

"But this is your home," Owel interjected.

She shakes her head, fingers placed flatly on her knees. "This is not my home. If it was, I wouldn't feel lost or feel derived."

Owel didn't know what to say simply because he didn't know where she was coming from. Linda was being honest with him when she said he wouldn't understand but he was trying to.

"You know what I use to tell myself?" He asks, his eyebrow-raising up. Linda peeks from her eyelashes and with a shake of her head.

"That even from the littlest thing, you still find happiness. Maybe where you are today is where you are meant to be even if it's not the prettiest thing."

She looks at Owel with a look of admiration. He spoke so differently that it melted her heart. But she still refused to believe. He was wrong.

"I don't think so. Not everything is meant to make you happy. A lot of them is made to make you feel worse about yourself." She was talking about Synn.