Longing tales

It's been specifically two months since Linda had been seized and since then, it's been no good with Linda. Sometimes, she had woken up with insomnious nights and weird voices talking in her head. It was scary and this terrified her so much. She hadn't told Abriana about it still.

A few weeks ago, she said to Abriana about seeing a figure next to her bed when she slept. But Abriana turned deaf ears to her.

While Andrew continued his usual trip to hell back and fro. Sometimes, he left the home under the control of Breth.

Soon enough, seconds turned to hours and hours into days. The week was continuously running by and all Linda could think of was the deal she was embroiled in.

She still remembered clearly.

She was only given 3 months and then she was going to live with him.

As scary as it sounds, she wondered how he was going to look like and what quality he obtained. Taking note of what kind of inhuman situation she was in, she was being brided to a devil for that sake. Her mind still substituted painfully around it.

She only had one month to go and God knows what's going to happen next. She tracked back to the events that had been happening for the past weeks as she tried to put it together.

The blood drip.

It had occurred to her that whatever beaded on her skin was nothing near good. She spoke to Andrew about it when he had come to ask her about the whistling in her room. Although, he ducked the question and mentioned to her to never speak of the event again. Of course, she had tried but then soon after that morning, she still had the encounter with the weird whistling.

The whistling.

Concealed, those whistles she heard were not just conventional. It came from a death marker. Andrew lectured her about this in the process of carefully not revealing the other 3 souls that were in the room at that moment. He told her that it was the cold night where death markers hunt and take down their enemy and that it was by 'mistake' it entered her room. Gullibly she let it slide, still, the lingering touch of it on her skin scared her.

After that decisive week, she happened to come in contact with another strange sign. This, very one had it coiled around her mind.

On a precise Friday afternoon, Richard had rung the bell for the attention of the maidens calling them for lunch. She noted Goith who stood next to the serving counter and likewise, he noticed her too. Abriana had tried getting Linda to talk to Goith saying they had made a great team together. Since then, during her free time, she would sneak into the kitchen to have a small chit-chat with Goith. Sometimes, he told her stories about the death markers. She once asked him about his knowledge of him as people addressed but he never said a word.

Nevertheless, she had known Goith to be a nice friend (she assume). He wasn't like other men she had met in her village and he was also a funny person, quite cocky.

Back to the rough incident, Goith noticed her present and walked up to her, avoiding the eyes of Richard.

"Hey," He greeted cheekily. She nodded with a small wide smile and greeted him.

"I made your favourite meal today." He smiled guiding her to get a table. Her eyes immediately shone wide looking like she just won a medal. She once told Goith about her favourite meal which was spaghetti. He told her it was an Italian meal. Since then, she dreaded having another.

"Really? She screeched on her feet. Goith only hummed with a chuckle opening the tray held with spaghetti and some other meals. Her mouth moistened at the sight.

He helped by dishing out a huge amount of spaghetti on her plate and handed her a fork to help eat with. "Enjoy." He playfully winked at her causing her cheeks to flush before going out of vision.

She dug into the meal like never before. She was thankful the other maidens weren't watching her like they once caught her giggling to herself in the hall when only she was making funny faces in the mirror. As she crushed, her eyes roved the dining hall for Andrew and just like any other day, he wasn't seen to be around.

It was just Goith and Richard who were in the dining hall. She peeped at Richard who stood in front of the dining table staring as all the maidens ate. Truth to be told, she had never seen Richard eat before. Maybe he didn't eat.

Poor thing

She continued eating her meal, quite happy. She didn't have anything to worry about then. She wasn't given too much work as before and everyone seemed to be happy. But that didn't mean she didn't want to leave the place.

Finished with the meal, she lengthened her hands to the glass cup that sat in front of her to take water when the glass cup broke shattering into pieces.

And that was that.

The incident she could never forget to matter what. She had even been blamed by Breth that she broke the cup intentionally. With all the events happening, Linda thought she was truly cursed and that she was slowly starting to turn crazy just by living in the villa.

She didn't know how the glass cup broke without even touching it.

No one did. Not even Andrew himself.

After then, she always woke up with sleepless nights and dreams occurring in her head. It started to get worse when she started to hear voices and chanting.

Chanting of someone's death.

She felt like they were people in her head shouting and screaming for death. Demurring for the death of people's life. She didn't know what to do at all. She was thoroughly confused.

_______

At the end of the wicked week, Linda was an emotional bust. She wasn't sure if she was mentally alright anymore. She needed someone's comfort. She needed her family with her. She just wanted to get away from the place she was in. Regardless of the two friends, she had; Goith and Abriana, she dreaded escaping. She couldn't allow the 3 months to excise. She planned on running away. Far far away from the place, she was psychologically lacerated.

The voice. The occasional nightmares.

And then she decided...

She was going to escape.

Happy new month guys! To the month of June!! I wrote this chapter on the very first day of June but probably, you are going to be seeing this book another month.
Whoo whoo!

I'm happy that's over. Well, look at what we have here. What a wonderful twist.

Guys, I'm honestly falling in love with my book like every time I write a chapter I feel like I'm Linda and that everything is happening to me.

You know when you're so intrigued by a story and that you forget what's happening around you and you're in the story watching everything happen!!

THAT'S LITERALLY ME WITH THIS
BOOK🍾🍾🤗🤗🥵

I'm obsessed with just writing:)

Also, I think henceforth I'm going to be making each chapter longer. Let's say 2000/2500 words upwards, yeah?

•|•

Well, Linda does have guts you know. We both know what's going to happen.

Do you think she's smart of thinking/planning of escaping?

Do you think she will go with the plan of doing so?

Let's see to find out!!

👉🏼Comment which month you are in reading this book. Curiosity kills the cat🙈

1297 words