Self time

AUTHOR'S POV

Breakfast was hushed for the trio as they sat at the dining table. Creepily, Synn kept staring at Linda who couldn't just wrap the idea of what had just happened in the kitchen. She was burning, burning with anger, sadness and hatred. Yes, she wasn't going to lie anymore that she had started to gradually start hating Synn.

Breakfast went by really quickly that Linda wished she didn't have to go with Synn anymore. She just wanted to go and lock herself in the library and just sit there and think or maybe read. Anything of the two could work for her.

Done eating, she grabbed her plates and cutlery and walks into the kitchen to dispose her plate into the sink. She walks back into the dining table and sits down calmly, pessimistic.

She didn't like when she was depressed. She had reminded herself that she had worth. She deserved to be happy and she was going to productively use her time and vehemence to make herself happy.

Sometimes she didn't understand Synn and it angered her. He was like a bubble, you wouldn't know when he'd explode. He was also a creep that scared her. His eyes. It held a lot of things. All lot that she was afraid of even knowing what even was held.

His red eyes were always a puzzle to her. He made him appear slightly human but it still made him look like the devil he was. He was bold with his words and threats. Seldom, his eyes colour changed and it made her curious to know why. But as for the red eyes, it was fiendish. An unholy thing.

She didn't know why he had come to earth and what his reason was but all she knew was that she had to be very precise with the way she talked and acted around him. His ways were not pure but sinful. He was a devil and she was a human. A very dangerous blend.

Although he appeared like a human and talked like one but deep down, he still had the mind of a devil and spoke like one. He didn't just say it out. His mindset was straight, full of evil things he could do and say.

She takes a peek up at Synn to see him taking small sips on his wine. She hated his sight. A sight that was covered up with an attractive face. She drifted her sight to his lightly exposed arm and took notice of his tattoos. It was an oddly dark ink that spread throughout his arm and downwards to cover his knuckles. He had a few ones on his neck, a horn and a tail. She was sure he had a lot on his body but what made her worry was why he decided to get a lot of tattoos.

His reasons for doing things were always a mystery. She just wanted to know why. She was embroiled in his plans.

"Whatever you're thinking will not take you to where you want to go." Synn's voice was completely squeezed out of emotions. His voice was dry and stony. By then, Silver had left the dining leaving just the two of them. She looks down slowly and fiddles with her finger, not completely aware of the meaning behind his words. Her emotions were swollen up to the extend of not keeping up to it anymore. She wouldn't try to hold it all in. She would show it no matter what.

She was allowed to feel weak.

She stands up, her legs hitting the chair pushing it backwards. She wanted to tell him that she wasn't going to go with him anymore and that he should cancel the plan.

"I-i'm not going w-with you today," Linda announces as her hair sways at her back.

Synn just sat down unobtrusively and watched her spoke, maybe a way too calm for her liking. She wondered too much and most especially was because of his eyes. She wondered what was behind those dark red orbs.

She didn't know what he was thinking but she waited for a response.

"Why?" What only what she got. She looked at him for a bit before looking away. She hated looking into his eyes. She felt like she was swimming in a pool of blood. She couldn't just understand why his eyes were red and changed their colour.

"I'm not-t felling well." She lied sleekly. She wasn't good at lying and she knew just that but something today gave her the temerity and she did. She lied perfectly.

Unfortunately for her, both of them being Synn and Linda knew Synn was smart. Remember, he lied first in heaven. No one could play smart to appear smart in front of him. No one.

"Okay." It flew his lips. "I'll just go on my own."

Before then, Linda wondered where they were going. She didn't have an idea but she didn't want to ask either. She just wanted to be out of his sight.

She freed herself and walks upstairs to their room where she laid on the bed and puffed a huge sigh. She was frustrated. Today wasn't giving a good sign of a good ending. She didn't know why and she didn't care to know.

Linda slowly glances around the room, scanning every corner. The white cream walls and furniture. She didn't know what she looking for but she just browsed anyways.

Her eyes landed on the paper she remembered to have seen him working on. She was curious and curiosity killed the cat. She jumps off the bed and walks warily to where the paper sat.

Not knowing how to spell or read was hard but being smart and intelligent wasn't simple either. She picks up the paper and scans it.

Not reading it - scanning it.

She couldn't understand a thing on the paper so just drops it and walks back. But before leaving, something catches her eyes that was out of the window.

She slowly walked to take a peep at what had caught her attention and interest. Down below her on grounds was Synn. But it wasn't just Synn. Beside him was a woman.