Taking risks

Days soon turn into weeks and all Linda could think of was to escape the wretched life she was left to face. She had always dreamed of escaping to go back to her town and see her family but no matter what, she didn't know the way back home or how to escape. Plus, Richard had his eyes on her movement every now and then.

The more she thought about it, the more uneasy she got. She could tell Abriana was too with the way she had been educating her on the rules to know. She had only seven days until the deal was to be finalized and only God knows what happens next.

She stared blankly in space in the cold night that seems to aggravate her to the skin. She felt she was being strangled in the room without air. Suddenly, a somewhat stupid but only way plan came into her head.

She wanted to try her plan of escaping

She slowly crawled her way away from the bed that she laid on, her sweat trickled down on the crane of her neck. Not knowing why she just had the urge to escape and she decided to pick this moment.

She was sure that everywhere was silent as she didn't seem to pick up any movement of any kind on the hallway. Besides, who would be up by this time of the night?

Absolutely no one.

She slowly cracked open her door that led to her room. She just had to try her luck . It's now or never. She was sure she had master a little around the villa. She could get the hang of it...

She cracked open her door and took a huge step ahead, watching out consciously. She took another step forward to hear the door behind her crack making the most annoying sound ever.

She almost flinched at the noise. She looked back to search if anyone was awake or a sound made. Fortunately, the same silence was still present.

She continued her way down the hallway, carefully to not awake the other maidens with the help of the bright tickling lantern.

Although, they were a lot of doors that led outside straight to the garden and then the exist. She wasn't just sure which door she had to pass through. Nevertheless, she find herself in front of Andrew's chamber.

She silently whined in frustration, bags already forming under her eyes and her puffy cheeks were swollen red.

This was a mission for sure.

She just had to pass his chamber without making any noise but she doubted it. He was immortal which meant he picked up things quickly with his quick abilities.

With a pondering heart that was now filled with doubt, she wanted to turn back and go back to her room and just slumber but it was already too late when she saw Andrew's door open and he emerged from it.

Her eyes widened open in shock and in registration from what just happen. Andrew stood there with his black cloak. His hair was wet, a little strand dripping down his forehead. His eyes carefully scanned the area as it seemed that he hadn't noticed her yet.

Just as she was about to take a step back, then it clicked. Andrew held his gaze upon her trying to study her next dumb move.

"What are you doing on the hallways by this time?" He asked calmly resting his hands into his cloak. She trembled in fear stopping dead on her track. Linda just wanted the floor to swallow her up and never give her back.

Her moth kept opening and closing back, not a single word uttered. She had let her guards down.

She lied "I-i was thirty."

Even though it wasn't the best lie she could have brought up with, she knew it was still bad to tell a lie as it was a sin. She had remembered her mom telling her about it.

Andrew hummed, still not convinced. You would have dropped a jaw if you heard that he knew exactly what Linda was trying to do. He didn't utter a word after her terrible lie trick. He just watched her, staring widely open at her.

"You sure?" He asked in a somewhat suspicious manner. Linda had already started to feel a little let out. It's like she sensed he knew the truth but was just trying to mock her or enjoy whatsoever was going on.

"No." She said once more a litttle afraid of what's going to happen. "I had a bad dream."

And here you would think she was an innocent girl under the skin of white. Yet, her greatest sin was telling a lie. It just flew freely from her mouth but what scared her the most was her knowing he knew all was a lie.

"Why am I finding that hard to believe?" He asked. Then, he didn't give her time to respond. "Maybe it's because I know you're lying straight to my face." He dropped the bombshell.

Every word he said. Every thing he did, there's always something intimidating about him. She whimpered internally.

"But if that's the case. Why are you heading towards the exit room? We both know the kitchen isn't on the hallway."

"I got l-lost." She lied freely.

"Try again." He said darkly, his face showing no sign of him joking.

He was tired of her constant lying. Her trying to escape still shocked him. Somehow, he knew a day would come like this. When he heard her racing heartbeat from next door and her quiet footstep, he knew something was wrong.

"Linda was trying to escape?" He asked mockingly. Although, his tone gave a little hint of anger.

Linda looked skinned out of emotion. "N-no I wasn't." She lied again.

He was already boiling with anger with her lies. He grabbed her by her wrist and dragged her into his room. No one knew. No one knew at all.

No-one knew what happened that night.

And no!!
Nothing of your thought happened between them. But I won't disclosed what happened. That would be in the nearest future🥴

And girl yes!! I'm so excited for the watty award! Hopefully, I get to meet the requirements 🤫

Comment your fav book of mine here ↔️

Up next,
Q/A