Traumatized

It's been two pivotal days since Linda saw the tragedy. She had never seen a death scene in her life. Her mind was too innocent to take everything at once.

She sat on the bed whirling with her fingers, as she stared at the vacant wall. Just before the day of her birthday, Synn managed to make it the worst eventful day of her life. She was frankly right when she thought it through. The next day after the collision was her birthday and he didn't even know. She hadn't left the room since that day.

Anna would come around to help her bathe and clean her room for her. She also assisted in bringing up food for the girl in bed.

On the day of her birthday, Anna came to wish her a happy birthday but she was too weak to even appreciate it. Anna was the only friend who cared for her. Silver since that day also had been feeling guilty. He moved out of Synn's house to find a new apartment when Synn suddenly decided that Silver wouldn't be living with them anymore.

Everything was all crumpled up like a piece of paper and thrown to her face.

A thump on the door sent her jerking her head to look at it. She didn't have the strength to talk or walk. She was numb like a pain in the elbow.

After two final knocks, the door was thrown open and someone came in.

Someone she still remembered so well even in her dreams.

She stood in front of the teary girl who immediately stopped playing with her finger and centred her attention on Abriana.

"Sweetie." Abriana started making her way towards Linda who still sat on the bed speechless. Her mouth was slightly opened but she forced it closed. Her tears were nothing that could be counted. Her tremors were all over the place squandering her insides.

"A-ab-" She couldn't make out a sentence.  Abriana was now thoroughly inside and walked into the room. The dip of the bed was pressed as Abriana sat on it, seizing Linda's hands and putting it on her lap.

She couldn't remember last when she was happy this way. She threw her small hands around Abriana's neck and embraced her cordially inhaling her feminine scent.

"Happy late birthday, Linda." 

"You remember?" Linda finally asked after gaining her voice. Her voice was a little raspy but still soft as Abriana could remember.

"Yes. How could I have forgotten something so important?" She chuckled palming Linda's wet cheek.

She tsked her tongue at the sight of a still sobbing Linda. "Oh no. Don't cry, sweetie. I didn't come over here to make a princess cry." Abriana soothed.

Drying her tears, she grinds herself on the bed. "W-why are you here?" She asked still trying to keep her emotions in check.     

"I was called over by Master Synn."

LINDA

I look down immediately, shuffling my hands. I couldn't still forget even if I tried to.

Bloodstained knife. The pool of blood. Sliced body parts.

It was all just too much to take in.

"I heard what happened and I'm truly sorry." She apologized. I didn't see why she was but it didn't still help.

"It's fine," I muttered looking away. He hadn't said a word since that frightful day and just left. I was left all alone to battle my pain.

When I had tried to get him to explain to me when he killed those men and why he carried a pocket knife with him, he just pushed me away, leaving me on the floor.   

That was the last time I heard of him.

"Doesn't look like it. Her voice was packed with concern. "You can tell me."

Taking in an extensive breath, I managed to tell her right from the moment I stepped into hell and from the moment I witnessed a death scene. It was a very long story as I tried to keep in my tears and sobs.

Done telling her, I couldn't just hold it back anymore. I let the grievous tears fall down my pallid face, sobbing quietly. It was hurting so much. The pain was just too unendurable. So much I had to go through just to survive the vengeance of destiny. But what could I do? Destiny has already shaped my life.

"Shh." The soft console of Abriana just kept leaving her lips. I was grateful she was here. I had really missed her so much. She remembered me so much of my mom

Her clothes were substantially soaked from my tears. I kept my chin on her shoulder as she stroked my hair, smoothly.

"Are you okay now?" She puts her hands on my shoulder, trying to lift me off her. When she saw I didn't want to leave, she just accepted.

"You're really strong." She praises. I inhaled deeply removing my chin from her shoulder and faced her undeviatingly.

"I don't feel so," I mumbled running my fragile hands on my thigh.

I hear her sigh. My hands were snatched from my thigh and placed on her lap.

"Don't you ever think so? You're not weak. You only feel so because you think so."

I bite on my bottom lips as I stare at my thighs and legs. I wish that was so easy to do.

"You look pale. Have you eaten?" She asks, running her hand through my hair.

"Garlic bread and orange juice," I answered simply.

"Come on you need to rest." She proclaims dropping my hands back on my thigh and stands up. I groan softly, wiping my cheeks with my left hand.

"I have rested enough," I argued removing the blankets around me. "What I need is to get away from Synn," I interjected.

I see her eyes widen at my words.

"That would be the last thing to do. You're his mate Linda and you leaving him will only hurt you and him."

I roll my eyes at her, sweeping my stubborn curls off my face.

"I hate him." I spat. I instantly think back to when I hugged him. I let out a breath. What was I thinking? It pained me that I enjoyed every second of it. But I couldn't blame myself. I was weak then. The gruesome sight still feared me when I looked at myself in the mirror- his kisses all over my neck. 

"Did Synn really call you here?" I couldn't help but ask her. She nodded her head while folding the blue blanket, dropping them on the side of the bed. But why would he do such a thing? Not that I wasn't pleased or something but I never knew Synn knew of Abriana. 

"How did you guys meet?" I ask standing up to look at myself in the side mirror. My thick lips were crazed and dark balls were all formed under my eyes. My eyes weren't that polished brown anymore and my hair was slackly interwoven into braids by Anna.

I cringed. 

"It's kind of like a long story but that shouldn't be your worries now," Abriana says and walks towards me. She settles her hand on my shoulder and gave it a big squeeze. "You didn't ask why I'm here though." She chortles. I sit down on the small lounge next by. She walks and stands at the back of me, her hands reaching out to unbraid my hair.

I pinch my face in disarray. "Isn't it because Synn asked you to come over?" I tried to guess. I see the dawn-tinted band that was beforehand used on my hair fall on my lap. I take it from my lap, pinching it. 

"That too could work." She says, hesitating for a bit. "But I needed a job here and so I was employed." She briefed out. I take time to digest what she just said but It was hard to. Abriana works with Andrew and now she was working with Synn? 

"What about Andrew? Don't you work for him anymore?"

I don't get a reply from her after a few seconds. I was about to ask again when her reply came in.

"I find it a little strange, Linda. But Andrew had gone missing for the past several weeks."

.

.

I know I'm supposed to be happy about this chapter but I'm not sure about it. Leave any questions you have on this chapter in the comment section.