Big heart

"But why?" I asked, my voice coming out a little bit tearily. I had just found out that Synn and I were going to be sharing the same room and sleep on the same bed.

"Why what?" His cold voice questions, a mocking tone added to it. I sniff trying to act like I was about to cry to get him to change his mind about us being together on one bed.

"Why are we in one room and sharing the same bed?" I said again. He looks down at me and rolls his eyes. "I know you aren't crying so stop the act." I quickly cough to cover my act. Yeah, I forgot. He's smart.

His eyes change a little of their colour. He looks around and comes back to look at me. "This room is spacious and big enough for more than six. Plus, I like this room." He said, his point not candid.

I stare at him for a bit before nodding. If he's going to stay here, I'll make his life a living hell.

"I hope you enjoy your stay here," I said flashing him a smile. He looks at me like I'm out of mind for saying that and with a little suspicion.

"Why are you smiling like that?" He asks, folding his arms. "Nothing," I said with a chuckle. He decided to leave it and walks to his working table where he had something that looked like a TV in which he called a laptop. Wise name.

"Are we sharing the bathroom too?" I question tensely. I watch him nod without looking up and I huff. Great!

I sat on the bed and place my hands on my tummy and the blanket next to my chin. The A/C was turned on and it was freezing cold in the room. I look at Synn who was typing fast on his laptop. How was he not bothered by the cold?

My mind rambles back to what happened this morning when I wanted to ask him about Andrew. It looked like he was angry and didn't like me mentioning him. I sigh privately and close my eyes for a brief second before opening them back.

If only I could go visit Uria and Abriana. I glance at Synn to see him looking down at some papers. He had his eyebrow knitted together as he looks confused. I don't know what he's reading but he sure does look tired and disoriented.

And then I decided to worry a little about how my situation had become. Me being mated to Synn and him being my mate. I couldn't believe he was the devil. Like actually the devil that God sends to when you die and get judged for your sin. Suddenly, I wonder if God was real and if I could see him.

Wait! What if I'm already a sinner or a devil. Because you know, Synn is a devil and I'm his mate. I'm a Christian and I respect my religion. All this was getting confusing as I continue to think about it.

I wondered what being a devil felt like. Does he have wings just like the Bible said? Or was Synn really Lucifer's son?

I turn to look at him again to see him staring outside the window. He looked like he was in a dilemma. He looked so confused I really wanted to give him a hug. Maybe I could.

I plop out from the bed and walk up to him. He hadn't seen my presence which was good. I didn't want his powerful stare. His red eyes glittered when he was angry. I really didn't know. His eye colour changes quite a lot. I slowly wrap my hands around his tall figure. I pout when I had to stand on my tippy-toe to reach little of his height. Being short wasn't funny. Wait! How old was Synn?

I felt him stiff at my touch and I quirk my eyebrow at this. He smelt really good like plumps and a little bit of smoke which was weird because the aggregate of them both gave such a good smell. Now he felt better. I thought with a smile.

Almost a minute, I felt his hands on my wrist as he removes my body from his. I look at him in confusion. Doesn't he want to hug me?

It felt really bad because I was the one feeling and telling him that I didn't like him close and now, I was the one hugging him and he spontaneously rejects me.

"Don't do that ever again." He warns and suddenly I felt the urge to cry. I was hurt not because be said I shouldn't hug him. I was upset because it felt like I was getting the taste of my own medicine and that karma was getting back at me.

I blame myself for hugging him.

I nod abruptly, turning on my heels and walk away from him to avoid him talking to me again. I didn't know why my heart ached and what gave me that courage to have hugged him when I knew full well what his reaction would be.

He wasn't much of a hugger, I'd tried to solace myself. But why did he always come close to me whenever I didn't need his touch?

I left the room needing some sort of space between the well chocked up room and my sensations. I walk to the balcony that was just near the library as I rest my hands on the banisters. My salty and dry tears were tainted on my cheeks leaving signs and evidence of me crying.

I watch from up the big city of New York. It was beautiful to say. I didn't remember the last day I had given myself such a time to just stare at the sky and think. The towering trees and the optimistic sound of the baby birds filled the air. I breathed deeply the fresh smell of coconut redolence. It was sprayed everywhere in the house.

Having alone time was definitely a good thing. It's like having time for yourself and your heeds. I run my hands unobstructedly into my hair as I watch the faraway light that lights up the beautiful prospect. It was good.

I had missed so much of my childhood and I planned on re-creating every concept of it. Even though it's just by staying in this house and looking at a plain wall. And the good thing is that I'd just realize something. That I had just one life and I had to live it to the fullest. I had to take the upcoming venture and stop acting childish. I wasn't growing any younger and in a few years to come, I would be in my 20s.

So why not? I decided I was going to enjoy life to its full satisfaction. Those times I had spent at home, sewing and pricking my skin, I would use it to learn. Yes! Since the day I had entered the library, I was eager to learn and touch more books. Not just look at pop-up books but read books. Entertaining books too. I was going to teach myself in any way to learn how to read and write.

"Why use the word reading? We both you don't know how to even write your name."

And then, I'll throw it at Synn's face. I still remembered every single word that left his lips that night. I would prove to him that I was admittedly blessed.

I exhale a deep breath, the evening cold creating goosebumps on my arm and hands. I take one last look at the beautiful scenery before going back inside.

I had decided that I was going to go back into ignoring Synn and stay out of his path. I'm a girl child and I need to be treated justly and appreciated. I wouldn't allow Synn to treat me like I was a dog without bones.

Two could play this game too.

A/n

GO LINDA! I'm so happy that Linda is getting a lil bit mature mentally. Just hope she stays that way 🥰

I felt a lot of inspiration pumping through my veins today and decided to put up a motivational chapter for Linda. My baby is determined to read and write 💪🙌🏼

I'm so proud 🙃😇😫