Just oil

The next morning, I had woken up. I looked around, searching for Synn but couldn't find him. The sheet wasn't rumpled either so which meant he didn't come back to the room that night. I wonder where he slept then.

I look at my wrist to see a line of marks from where Synn had compressed. I was supposed to be mad at him but after what he did...

I couldn't believe he could make me cry and at the same time, blush. When he sucked my teardrop off his finger, it was just too...corrupting? Was that a word?

But also repugnant, I guess.

A yawn escapes my lips as I run my hand through my messy hair. I decided that today, I was going to explore the library. I slip on my slippers and dive right into the bathroom.

A shrill scream escapes my lips as I crash right into a body. My body shivers as his rings graze my cheeks and I back away immediately. He was inside all along?

"Shit." He curses covering his ears as he just stares at me like I was crazy. At least he was fully dressed. I didn't want to crash into a naked body. I look up at him to see him staring right down at me in hysteria.

"Don't scream like that again unless I'm doing things with you." He says, swaying in front of the mirror.

"Doing things with me?" I ask myself in confusion. "What things?" I continue to wonder in confusion about what he meant. I looked at him as he combs his hair and adjusts his rings properly on each of his fingers.

"Get dressed. We're going out." And he leaves the bathroom.

Did he just say we're going out?

Oh, you heard right, girl!

I internally scream in happiness. The first good news of the morning. I hope my day goes like this throughout.

I quickly brush my teeth and brush through my hair after taking a cold bath. I change into something easy to wear and change into a new pad.

I glid on some confederates to help match my outfit as I jog downstairs, still screaming in my head. I wonder where we're going.

"Good morning duck." I hear Silver greet. I roll my eyes at his name for me and shrug. "I'm not a duck." I protest.

"True. But you have a beak." He laughs, smiling as he does so. Someone tell me not to force Silver into eating ice.

I walk into the kitchen, the smell of pancakes ridiculing me mercilessly. It was one of the chefs making one of those tasty pancakes. Geletino.

"Good morning." I greet him, flashing him a smile. He shrugs and mutters a good morning. I watch as he flips the pancake over the other side, the brown part of the pancake appearing.

"Can I help make the rest of the pancakes?" I ask politely, hoping for a yes. I see him nod and I clap my hands in excitement. I move to the pan and wait for the current pancake to finish frying before I put the rest into the pan.

I turn around and meet face with Geletino. He plays with the edge of his spatula like he was waiting for the silence to wear off. "I'm Linda." I introduce, placing my arm on the counter. He nods, not sparing me a glance. I puff my cheeks with air at this simplicity. I hated being avoided for sure.

I look back to the golden-brown pancakes before looking back to Geletino. I observe him for a bit. Geletino wasn't that old chappy man you think he is. He was a handsome man with good highlights which made me think back to Synn. Did he always have handsome staff?

His hair could be easily recognized with a little glitter of gray hair and his finely cut beard. I sigh, turning round to flip the pancakes. When I put the spatula down on the counter, I turn my feet to look back when unforeseen, my fingers inadvisedly hit the handle of the pan and the oil goes around spilling from the pan.

I gasp for air when I was suddenly pushed to the corner and an angry Synn arrives. Is he always everywhere?

"What the fuck are you doing!!?" His coarse voice speaks and a flash of anger appears in his eyes. I look down at the spot where the oil spilled and I frown. I could have gotten burnt.

"Making pancakes." I chummed happily going back to stare at him. He clams his teeth together to suppress his anger and I knew at once I was playing with fire.

"You were what?" He questions again, anger dropping out from his tone. "Making pancakes. But I mistakenly pushed the pan making the oil go boom boom." I said trying to lighten up the mood. He clams his teeth, even more, when he notices I was joking around.

"For fuck sake, Linda! You could have gotten burnt and you're fucking with it." His voice trails off. I look down at my feet.

"Geletino." I hear his authoritative voice shouts and I almost blench. I see a sad Geletino walk to Synn and Synn goes to face him.

"You're responsible for what happened today and so you'll pay for it."

I open my eyes at this impromptu decision and runs to beg. "No-no-no. He's not responsible. I was the one who asked him if I could ma-"

"Fucking mind your business." He barks. "He has to pay for what happened."

I didn't understand a single thing. I didn't even get burnt and he was exaggerating about it. I try again.

"But he wasn't responsible. I didn't even get burnt. Please Synn, don't punish him. He didn't mean to and it was my fault the oil spilled." I pleaded, a drop of a tear surging down my cheeks. I couldn't just stand it. I was too sensitive.

"I said no!" Synn resisted. "He allowed you into making the fucking meal when he's the one to make it. I don't give a shit anymore. You'll shut up and I'll go on with the punishment."

Without waiting for me to speak, I see Geletino walk close to the hot oil that spilled and hunch on one of his knees. I could see a slight shiver that ran through his body. I didn't like this at all. Geletino slowly spread his fingers on the hot oil and I scream, cowering. It was hurting him.

I make a run to Geletino to stop him from continuing but a cold hand wraps around my wrist seizing me, preventing me.

What shocked me was that Geletino didn't even flinch. But I could see it cemented on his face that he was in great pain. It was all my fault.

A tear slips down more and more on my face as I struggle to watch the contemptible fuss. I shouldn't have asked to make breakfast. It was my entire fault and Geletino was paying for it.

I look at Synn with anger and pain. How could he do this to him? Doesn't he have any emotions?

"You monster!" I yell at his face, exposing my anger. He deserved it for making an innocent man pay. "How could you? You are not even remorseful." I spat bitterly.

I expected him to be angry or shout at me for saying all those words to him but he doesn't. He just stood there and watch me in entertainment. Then I hear him chuckle, making my heart pound.

"Cause that is because I'm the devil, doll. I'm the fucking devil." He spat, his voice changing into a bitter one.

A short one today but the next will be longer! 😌
If you notice, the hatred for Synn has started to increase. Meanwhile, Synn's mood has constantly started to change into a sadistic one, if that's what I could say. Don't worry. Just continue reading and you'll get what I mean.
Is this book confusing for you and do you need little summaries at the end of each chapter?