Truth or dare?

A small smile lit her lips as she let out a small but exhausted yawn. Dampening her lips, she wakes up and stretches, the warm blanket still on her body.

The sound of firebolt made her flinch, the taps of rain staining her window. She smiles, her mind straying far wide. Linda liked the sound of rain. She didn't know why but it made her calm and relaxed. However, she didn't like thunder or lightning.

Her eyes stray across the room, just then, her eyes caught sight of Synn's frame on the bed next to her. She blushed, her cheeks warming up. This was the first time he had slept close to her. He normally slept on the couch in the sitting room or their room.

She leans in forth, careful not to make a sound or make the bed go squeaking. She wanted to relish him while he slept. Curling her knuckles under her chin, she watches him. It was so unexpected how she told herself that she was going to start hating him and that she wouldn't speak to him no matter what. And here she was, starling her own self by eyeing him shamelessly.

He was hers.

She kept telling herself. Yet, she still has doubts. Why he chose her and not of his kind.

Jealous, she looks at him, valuing and appreciating the features he had. Synn had the eyelashes of a girl that fell on his face when he had his eyes closed. His face was liberally crafted and well sculpted. His eyebrows were surprisingly lush and dark framing his upper face. His lips were of perfect size, pink and full. No scars, no breakouts or whatsoever. Just pure perfection.

"Done eye-fucking me?" His deep voice suddenly asked, taking Linda by shock. She leans back and quickly covers her face trying to hide her bewilderment and coloured cheeks.

She quickly gets out of bed, tying her not-so-perfect hair into a messy bun.

Synn watched her with a chuckle, feeling his chest roll. He couldn't explain the feeling of how he felt. The devil didn't sleep. They had the capability to go without sleep for more than a month, although it wasn't salutary. 

He knew of Linda watching him as he read her thoughts. Synn was able to read people's minds and emotions. He knew when they were enthusiastic, offended and hurt. However, he had tried not to shuffle into Linda's mind but he couldn't this morning. He just had to know what she was thinking.

The rain plashed against the window, the sky only looming darker as the weather grew harsh. The first rain since she had come to earth.

Linda quickly scrambled into the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face, her mind still stuck to what happened this morning. She rubs her forehead, wanting to get rid of the crease.

Looking into the mirror, she applies her lips gloss that was made with cheery and coconut, moisturizing her full lips. Pleased with the way she looked, she rushes out of the bathroom.

"You still didn't answer my question." Synn blurts following her every moment in the room. She pulls out a sock from her wardrobe and onto her feet.

"You were sleep-ping." She softly said, brushing away her baby curls. Synn only hums and walks into the bathroom to get ready.

The rest of Linda's morning, she spent all of it in the library with Silver. He was teaching her gradually how to read and spell little things like dog, cat and fish,etc. At the end of the session, she knew how to spell her name and Silver's name.  She was proud of herself for what she was able to achieve. Taking baby steps was gradual learning.

"You're quite a fast learner, sweetie." Silver commented rumpling her hair in the process. She smiles with a sigh, resting her head on the couch. Taking a deep breath, she exhaled. She felt like crying and she didn't know why. She just suddenly became overwhelmed and agitated.   

"Are you alright? Silver asked her. She looked at him and shook her head.

"You can tell me what's bothering you, Linda. I wouldn't judge you." Silver tried to soothe her mind. She bit her bottom lip, contemplating. Deciding that she could tell him, she began.

"I just miss my mom." She looks down at her lap. "I don't know where she is now or how's she doing. I bet she's forgotten about me for a very long time. I just hope papa doesn't still beat her." She finishes off. Tears were gushing down her face, her sobs slow and painful. Her heart ached just going through the past she had evoked. The insults her dad told her and her mom. It was all so painful growing up with an abusive father.

Silver gently rubs her back soothingly trying to calm her nerves and maybe stop her tears. She needed to let everything out. He was thankful she had shared with him how she was feeling. It would get things off her chest for a bit.

"It's okay, muffin. Everything is okay and don't say stuff like that again. Your mom loves you so much. You're her daughter so there's no way she could have probably forgotten about you. She still cares just the way you care for her." He calmly stated.

She thought it through and nodded, having some sort of hope in his words. Sweeping her tears off her cheeks, she hugs Silver. He was like a brother to her and she treasured every single moment he has spent with her. He made her feel safe and happy. Something her brother never did.

"What do you say? Let us play a game of truth and dare together in the sitting room?" Silver said helping Linda get off the couch and drops the book she was holding. Linda only looks at him in question and confusion.

"You don't what that is?" He asks her. She nods, as the two of them exit the library going down the stairs.

"It's a game played by two or more players. I get the chance to ask you to pick between truth and dare. If you go for truth, I'd ask you a question in which you must answer frankly. And if you go for a dare, I'd dare you to do something I prefer." He consciously taught her.

She thinks about it before accepting it. By now, they were both seated on the couch in the living room. Silver had a cup of coke in his hands.

"I'll go first." He said taking a sip of his coke before asking. "Truth or dare?"

Reasoning wisely, she picks truth and Silvers continues. "What's your fav colour?" He asks. He decided to go from beginners to intermediate.

"Pink!" She giggles happily. Muttering an 'of course it would' under his breath he decided to hand Linda her turn.

"Truth or dare?" Linda asked hoping for what she wants him to choose.

"Dare." Said Silver taking another sip of his coke. She grins from ear to ear and asks.

"I dare you to spill your coke on yourself." She grins.

Silver looks at her in shock. "Damn! That's a good one."

He takes his cup of coke and mutter 'I'm never going for dare again' and spills it on his t-shirt. Linda chuckles watching his facial expression. She liked truth and dare now that she knows how to play

"My turn." Silver shifted uneasily on his spot from his drenched t-shirt. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth." Linda quickly replied and giggles when she saw Silver's fake expression of hurt. He wanted her to choose dare.

"Do you like Synn?"

Cliffhanger!

Make sure you vote and comment! It helps me a lot! Linda's point of view in the next chap🦋✨💕