Warm things

Not even my demons can stop me•

I inhaled sharply as I suck in the cold wind. I had to stop being stupid and try to have some sanity in me. I look down at what I had always been waiting for. My mate.

Her big innocent eye looks up at me while her cheeks remain spoiled with her beautiful blush. The innocence in her eyes is enough to make me go insane and reveal my inner demons.

"Speak." My raspy voice commanded. I let it sink into the outcast silence. I watch as her pouty lips open and close unable to produce words. Her chin was lifted slightly.

"Do you see Silver just as a friend?" I ask her. She looks taken away, her eyes shot open. She parts her lips opens and looks at me. Her lips tremble in such a way that makes me suddenly turned on. Shit!

"He's just a friend to me." She replies and I smirk. "More of a brother."

I let her chin down creating a space within us. Her heart isn't beating that fast anymore and her eyes aren't that dull like earlier.

"But what was the cause of the noise?" She asks. Nothing of any sort should be disposed to her. It's a corporal secret and her knowing would blow my cover down. All because of Silver!

"It's nothing." I walk to the other side of the room and pick my laptop. She stays quiet. I watch as she slowly nods and walks into the bathroom to probably change into her night wears. That was such a tease.

I open the black cased laptop waiting for it to boot before putting in my password. Here on earth was very hard to adjust to. I never get this busy down in hell considering I owned the place. A hear a ping from my phone. I drop the laptop from my lap and pick up the phone to see the message that was sent in.

It was from Ducas. The fool who still didn't know where he kept my money. Honestly speaking, I don't care about any fucking money! His nonchalance was sure enough for me to discard him for my plan in working in my company.

I didn't need money to live. I didn't need anything to live as long as I have my demons and myself. Money wasn't what I needed but sure enough, leaving on earth, it was surely needed.

That fucking shit Andrew had been really getting on my nerves and it's so bad how I want to torture him slowly until he feels each ounce of pain in his body. The way he turned his back on me was unexpectedly making him a traitor.

The sound of the creaking door breaks me away from my plans as I turn to look at Linda who had walked in. She was appearing in her Pj. She walks to the side mirror and brushes her remarkably dark hair. Her eyes were bright, a bit of water bedewed on them from bathing. Her beautiful milky skin glittered under the thick fabric on her skin. I just wanted to rip every fabric on her skin and expose that smooth skin of hers.

She was so fucking tempting and it was driving me insane. I have never been this wild because of someone particularly a being before. But she was different. She was mine.

"Are you hungry?" I hear her say. I reply with a no. She was asking if I was hungry which showed she cared about me. Predestinately for her, I was already fed with blood.

Blood was needed by almost all Immortals but not all. It helps us to retain vitality and energy. Plus I was really craving. I lick my fangs as I watch her put on her socks. I wonder how she would taste.

She brushes away the strand of hair from her face and looks at me profoundly like she was thinking. Her breath was between rapid and slow.

"Aren't you sleeping?" I see as her eyes drift to my arm admiring my tattoos. I shake my head. "No. I have some work to do." I say.

She was oddly quiet which was perplexing. I didn't know if it was because she was tired or maybe because of Silver. Maybe both.

"Are old are you in the human age?" She questioned. A really curious being who liked to ask questions. How fascinating.

"23," I answered. Her eyes swell. "You're really young but look huge in the devil form! I heard you don't age and that you have a lot of abilities. Wait! Do you have a birthday? Oh..or maybe a pic of when you were small like a cute baby? Or when you started walking? You are also really tall for a 23. I'm 17 and I'm so tiny and short. Everyone is taller than me! And I'm rambling again." She uses her hand to close her lips, running out of breath. I throw out a light laugh, it was kinda entertaining because I heard every word she spoke.

"First you're still a kid," I say. "Second, you're not short. Third, I don't have a birthday." I listed.

"I'm not a kid! I don't look like a baby do I? But if am, then why did you choose me to be your mate?" She lets out sitting on the bed.

I could see she had more questions but I just waited. "You look like 13 years but don't worry. Your body is perfectly okay." I smirk when I see her turning red. Naughty girl.

"To answer your other question, I have my reasons why you were chosen."

"Why don't you have a birthday?" She timidly asks.

"I don't care for all those shit! I don't age so there's no need for that."

"Why do you say bad words?" She says watching me deeply.

"I curse?" I ask in a mock of disbelief. She looks shocked and blows out.

"Uh-yes." She tells like it's the most simple question."You say the bad words like the f word. It's also surprisingly overwhelming how you speak so well at the same time."

I stand up from where I sat and walks towards her. I sit close to her on the bed and her body tenses. Her cologne is almost intoxicating with its scent.

"You're such a curious thing aren't you?" I begin. The thick air only becomes thicker.

"It is g-good to be curious." She shutters softly, her toes curling.

I tuck a piece of strand next to her ear and she bits her bottom lip.

"But it's also bad."

Okay, maybe this didn't show the real Synn we both know. But there are also sides to it. I want you to know that as this chapter/book progresses, Synn will become more violent but not towards Linda ofc. Trust me when I say that he's very manipulative and cruel. The worst has only begun. Watch out for a lot of profanities and toxic stares😌