1. Mutual feeling

The whole evening, Linda had spent it talking to Uria about her sad life and how she always wanted to nice rich life with her family. It was something everyone dreamed of. No quarrelling between parents and having good grades. She also wished she was literate.

After the sad tale, she snuggled up inside her new blanket. The red fabric she once used to bath. It was perfect for her even though she was made to sleep on the hard ground.

"Goodnight," Uria murmured and blew out the candle.

¶×¶
The next morning, the beam of sunshine and the cool warmth of the morning breeze was the first thing that woke Linda up from her sleep. It was the first time she could say she had a nice sleep.

"Good morning to you too cute things." She mumbled to herself when she saw a small little bird flew into her room. It was beautifully made with black and Whitewings. A very rare colour of a bird at such a season.

She drowsily yawned with a little stretch to hear some cracking of bones guarded.

"Wake up, you girl! Where's Uria?" Richard's voice barged into her chamber. Linda puffed at the loud tone that made her wince within. She wasn't a fan of loud noises.

"Uria?" She asked dumbly trying to act out. She wondered how Richard came to know of Uria. Fairly, Uria had been the only person she could call a friend and she was grateful for that.

"Don't play dumb with me, girl! You know who I'm talking about! The playful shadow that had been following you ever since." Richard rolled his eyes before it landed on the small bird.

"What's that thing?" Asked Richard in pure disgust. Linda bent her head to look at the baby bird.

" Bird," Linda replied. She reached out to grab the bird but in a sense, the bird flew away from where it came from.

"Whatever! If you see- well, you can't- see her. Forget it! Wake up!" He snarled.

"I-I am already awake." She replied softly. Richard opened his mouth to talk but kept shut at once.

"Get ready." He said and dropped the clothes that were precisely wrapped on the ground. "Sir, Andrew is taking you out." And with the little instruction, he left the chamber of the little girl.

"Huh?" She picked up the clothes and lightly touched the soft material. It was indeed pretty and she liked it.

"Told you, he's gone soft for you. He's never this kind to give such nice things." The voice of Uria mumbled.

Linda's face heated to crimson red at the words. Andrew has gone soft. It could never be!! He was a Death marker and he was certainly not kind.

"Morning." Linda tried to say such an excuse. She wasn't going to believe that even if he himself said something like that. If he had gone soft, he would have released her a long time again and take her to her parents.

"Morning, Linda." Uria greeted. "I heard that little munchkin was hunting for me. One good thing about being a Shadow." Contemptuously said Uria.

"How do you know Richard?" Linda asked softly.

"Let's say, everyone knows me here including Andrew and Breth. I used to visit some time ago but that wasn't on earth but in hell. I happened to know Richard and sometimes, I pulled pranks on him or tried to get him frustrated." She giggled.

"Oh."

"Yup! Let's get you ready, shall we?"
→_→

Linda came out with her black hair, being wet. She didn't have the time to dry her hair or tie it up in a ponytail. She had never been hurried in her life and Andrew taking her out, to where she didn't know still confused her.

"Ready?" The dark voice spoke. Linda turned around to crash eyes with Andrew who stared at her with an open gaze. The skin of her neck was exposed. Something Andrew took notice of.

At the back of her head, she seemed to remember what Uria told her last night.

"Death markers could appear nice to you or dangerous in some way but any side they pull, don't fall. The greatest ability of a death marker is manipulating. They aren't great things and the second dangerous thing on earth. Beware of sweet words they say to you. They charm easily anyways."

"Let's go." Andrew drew her back the presence. The two walked outside, Linda at the back of Andrew. Once they were out, she was plopped into the black leather car seat she once entered.

The same enticing smell flew into her nostril as she sniffed the calming essence.

"That's my deodorant." Andrew chuckled. She blushed, ashamed. She forgot he could read minds and listen to heartbeats.

The engine rumbled in response to the twisting of the key in the hole.

"We're going for a visit," Andrew said simply after reading her mind. He continued to meddle in her space and soon he was afraid it had become an addiction.

"W-where?" She shuttered.

"To cavda. You'll find out sweetie." He summoned.

And she was certain that what Uria had warned her about, had started to pick up at the surface.

A/N
Hello sweeties!! How are you all?
I'm sure you guys must be confused but lemme give a quick summary of all.
•Uria is a dark shadow but that doesn't mean she can't appear in true form.
• Uria wasn't wrong about the warning she gave to Linda because I'm 💯 sure you're going to be shipping Linda and Andrew together. Andrew is surely manipulative. Trust me, he's not the perfect guy for this book.
•Breth's Andrew sister
• More details will come up very soon with Uria. You'll get to know more about her and some history too.
Comment if you want more summaries to get a better understanding!