You'd never thought

It's sad to announce that this will be the last chapter that will be written in 3rd POV. This is where the story takes quite a flight

|•|

It's been quite complex and terribly mind-shaking to the change of behaviour in Synn. During the first month of Linda's stay in hell, Synn had been a little nice and calm with her which was no lie. But after that crucial day of knowing about Andrew's true colour, he had changed drastically.

He no longer spoke or associated with Linda anymore. She would also find herself in the library scanning through books and occupying herself in books. She didn't have anything to do and the library became her first addiction in a while.

She had also got to admit that she noticed that she scarcely saw Synn or talked to him. He didn't come around here or even come to talk to her during lunch or dinner. She was all alone in the mansion, her feelings all with a book.

Synn has changed. He knew it himself when he felt the rush of blood in his veins. He wasn't sustainable or calm any longer. His temper changed and would always blow like the wind at little things. He got aggravated easily over little things or when things didn't go his way or how he planned.

He was now the see-through devil. He had changed.

On a distinct breezy night when the mood of the night wasn't really patient, Linda had been sleeping on her newly changed bedsheet. The night was pure but evil still swept through it. The maids were fully on alert and stood on their grounds. They didn't sleep until Synn got back from wherever he went. That was the rule.

It was past 12 midnight when Synn had gotten home. It was a dangerous night indeed and everyone knew well not to anger him and just follow directions when they saw the look on his face. A destructive one that would kill in just a stare.

He pushed tightly his cloak to his skin as the cool breeze blew ever so gently. He looked damped.

"Where's she?"

He asks one of the maids that was eyeing him darkly at the corner as he walked towards her. She gulped softly and answered, "Sleeping."

"Go wake her up and get her here immediately!" He mused.

The silently afraid maid just nodded and walked upstairs with a little grumble. She just wanted to sleep and wake up to work the next day. Once she arrived at Linda's room, she opened it without knocking knowing the girl was already asleep. She felt slightly guilty for waking her up but it was an order from her master and she must obey it.

Linda slurred in her sleep with a whine. She didn't want to wake up. It was late and whoever was waking her up didn't know well enough to. She opened her eyes and shot the maid a glare.

"I'm sorry ma'am." The maid regretted it when she saw the heated glare. It wasn't actually an intense one. She looked like a little mouse that just got stepped on the tail.

"But Master calls for you." She breaks down. Linda's eyes benevolently swell up at this, a cold sweat breaks down. It's been two weeks that he last spoke to her and this frantic call was a very big surprise.

She huffs and gets off her bed, wearing her slippers in the process. She was led downstairs to meet with Synn.

The other maids had already gone to sleep with a wave off Synn's hand that they could go. It was just Synn and Linda all alone downstairs.

Notwithstanding, Linda still felt sleepy and tired. She didn't understand why he had called her this late at night. Maybe he wanted to give her a gift, she thought otherwise but knew well enough.

Once Synn's eyes landed on her form, he felt a sudden urge. An urge that was unexplainable. He didn't know if it was because he hadn't seen her for a long time but the urge was compelling.

She walks up to him and stood there, silently waiting for him to talk. After an unwieldy moment of staring and waiting and no word had left his lips, she broke out.

"W-why?" She couldn't even finish her sentence. She had never seen Synn this off before. He looked different than when she last saw him. She couldn't feel the teasing vibe he passed. Just a stiff body.

Her eyes trail down his neck down to his arm. He had gotten a lot of tattoos on his arms and fingers and now wore rings. His neck had a tattoo of a devil and a horn which she once noticed but rather than that, he was different than when she saw him last few weeks.

"A new i-ink?" She whispered wanting to trail her fingers on it. She had never touched his tattooed skin before.

His eyes landed on her aghast expression before trailing his eyes down her lips and back to her facial expression. He had almost forgotten why he called her.

"It's been long I saw you."

A gasp left her pink lips as she looks up at him. His voice was very cold and deep. Deeper than usual. It had this rough edge that she didn't like. She felt her body cake at the mention of not seeing her. She could say the same thing.

"I-ive been reading pop-up b-books." She pulled up a smile trying to fascinate him that she's been productive and that she had been reading. But his response was least expected.

"Why use the word reading? We both know you don't know how to even write your name." He spat coldly.

She looked taken aback by his comment but tries to cover it up with a smile. "What have you been doing lately over the last few weeks?" She questioned changing the topic. She had also gradually started talking to Synn a lot more comfortable now. She could talk without stammering like she used to before.

He looks down at her to see a smile sparkling on her face. "None of your business I guess." He utters.

Linda frowns at his answer and asks. "Is there anything wrong? What happened?" She tries to show concern but he just grips her wrist vigorously and pulls her to a nearby table.

"Will you stop talking and listen to me, huh?" His eyes shimmer like that of a sadistic killer taunting their predator.

Linda's eyes glitter with a spark of tears that was nearing to pour. Why was he talking to her like this? She wondered.

She decided to keep shut and see what he was about to say. "We're going to earth, Linda."