CHAPTER 15

To my horror, I very recently found out that a tiger can peel the paint off the wall by licking. There is no way it can't peel skin off when it licks a human and I was like-shit😑🤦 Topaz loved to lick Liam all the time. Ugh. And I miss writing about Topaz and Snow🥺

Anyway, an update is here everyone. I have written from my knowledge but I don't know how investigations work exactly. Sorry about that.

TW: #Mentions and references of suicide
____

It's all blur to me, the trip back. I was doing everything mechanically, my mind too fuzzy to actually catch up on what's going on. Liam is missing and from what Louis said, nobody saw him after I left. Niall is the last one to see him and that was at the school entrance.

I'm confused, muddled and I don't know what's going on around me.

How did Liam go missing? Is he okay? Is he safe?

Questions like this torment me and I don't want to think other possibilities.

My dad accompanies me back, holding me together while I feel like everything is falling part beneath me. The other boys and Jay meet us at airport and I feel my already broken heart break again at their devastated faces. Harry looks like he has spent last two days crying, Niall is really pale with alarmingly red eyes and red nose. Only Louis looks like he is trying to stay strong for everyone.

We sit in the living room while Jay and my father go to the yard to have a private chat.

"What really happened?" I question and Louis sighs.

"We don't know" he says worriedly "Niall says he left Liam at the school entrance for his dad to pick him up and that was the last time we saw him. But Geoff never picked Liam up, because Liam has sent him a message saying he will tag along with Harry"

"But he didn't come with us" I say in confusion and he nods, biting his lower lip. "Why would he lie to his father?"

"I have a feeling he was planning to tag along with us" Harry says, his voice too raspy from crying "Because he has informed Geoff he will be joining you to Bradford"

"So Geoff thought Liam left for Bradford" Louis continues. "And we thought Liam went back home. It wasn't until Harry went to check on Liam that night did we realize he is missing"

I try to control my rapid breathing from panic. No, this sounds like Liam voluntarily went missing. He won't do something like that.

"Geoff has lodged a police complaint and we have sticked missing posters all over the town" Louis sighs. "Yet, no sign of finding him."

I feel two things. One, I want to throw myself over a cliff. Because these three has been going through so much last two days while I was drinking away. I should have been there to stay strong for them, but instead....and second was burning ache just to see Liam alive again. Right now, we are not sure if he is even alive anymore. None of them said it, but I can see it in their eyes.

"I'll be right back" I tell them and leave the living room. I pick Louis' car keys on my way.

----

Geoff lets me in without a word, looking lifeless himself. We come to an unspoken agreement on not to talk about what happened last time we talked and I silently make my way up to Liam's room. Stepping in, I could just see the way he must have curled in himself on the bed from the messy sheets. Teddy is on the bed, twisted painfully and there is also my jacket lying on it. The only one Liam decided to keep it for himself.

I sit down on his bed silently, staring at nothing particularly. I'm so worried, so scared of what could have happened to him. Was he kidnapped? Nobody knows. Did he leave with an intention? I don't know. But why?